Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Science lovers I need your help!

  1. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    WhiskeyGirl's Avatar
    WhiskeyGirl is offline
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17,208
    Blog Entries
    1
    #1

    Science lovers I need your help!

    Advertisements
    OK I LOVE Science!!! 100% adore it! So I am understandably thrilled over Genevieve loving Science too!

    For Christmas I am going to get her this

    The Magic School Bus Complete Series

    I would like some more ideas though, she is REALLY into space, she loves the moon, stars, and planets.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  2. Senior Member
    bdizzle's Avatar
    bdizzle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,693
    #2
    My little brother had this night light thing that projected a realistic looking moon and stars onto his bedroom wall, it was the coolest thing.


  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    #luci's Avatar
    #luci is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,747
    #3
    OMG... Katinahat is going to go crazy with this thread lol.

    First off, on the Magic School Bus Set!

    In regards to more ideas, not sure what else other than googling or checking out Pinterest for ideas.

    I hope I have a baby one day hehe
  4. Senior Member
    BiggyBiggs's Avatar
    BiggyBiggs is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    13,255
    #4
    What about a telescope? Or some discovery books or something similar. They also have tons of kids science experiments that come as a set.
  5. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    WhiskeyGirl's Avatar
    WhiskeyGirl is offline
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17,208
    Blog Entries
    1
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    My little brother had this night light thing that projected a realistic looking moon and stars onto his bedroom wall, it was the coolest thing.
    Hmm, She may like that, I will try to look something like that up..

    Quote Originally Posted by Luci View Post
    OMG... Katinahat is going to go crazy with this thread lol.

    First off, on the Magic School Bus Set!

    In regards to more ideas, not sure what else other than googling or checking out Pinterest for ideas.

    I hope I have a baby one day hehe

    Really? Hmm well I may have to ask her on FB too

    Oh I am so glad I have a Science baby I got so excited the first time this summer that she just wanted to sit there and talk about the stars and the moon in the sky.

    She saw Magic School Bus once and liked it so I figured why not, coolest Science cartoon EVER!

    Also going to start looking into the Bill Nye The Science Guy, Disney Movie Club sells those now!
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  6. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    WhiskeyGirl's Avatar
    WhiskeyGirl is offline
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17,208
    Blog Entries
    1
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
    What about a telescope? Or some discovery books or something similar. They also have tons of kids science experiments that come as a set.
    I thought about a telescope but I could not find one that would be good for a 3.5 year old..

    I have tried to find little kits but all I was able to find was on Walmart and those looked like crap
    I know there is a science for kids page that sells magazines and stuff but I for the life of me cannot think of the name of it and my google skills are failing me
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Clumsy's Avatar
    Clumsy is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    717
    #7
    I actually think if you got a telescope and the two of you did it together, that would be really, really fun. I have lots of great memories of star gazing with my dad!
    And I love the Magic School Bus series!
  8. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    WhiskeyGirl's Avatar
    WhiskeyGirl is offline
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17,208
    Blog Entries
    1
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    I actually think if you got a telescope and the two of you did it together, that would be really, really fun. I have lots of great memories of star gazing with my dad!
    And I love the Magic School Bus series!
    Good idea.. I will go looking for one again!
    So do I!
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Clumsy's Avatar
    Clumsy is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    717
    #9
    I have also seen microscopes for toddlers. We used to use them in preschool. I will ask my mom (she teaches 1st grade at the school) to ask the Early Childhood teachers about them and see what they are called.
  10. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    WhiskeyGirl's Avatar
    WhiskeyGirl is offline
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17,208
    Blog Entries
    1
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    I have also seen microscopes for toddlers. We used to use them in preschool. I will ask my mom (she teaches 1st grade at the school) to ask the Early Childhood teachers about them and see what they are called.
    Oh cool thanks! That would be awesome!
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •