Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: It's 2 months away or so but...

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

It's 2 months away or so but...

Advertisements
    I'm already planning DB's Christmas present.
    I'm planning on giving it to him before Christmas because he's going off to boot before then but how early is too early? I mean I want him to enjoy the present but I don't want it to be "Happy Thanksgiving! Here's your Christmas present! ".
    What is the present you ask?
    A fleece tie blanket and a fleece tie pillow! He's got a bajillion blankets already but most fit us awkwardly if we're cuddling. Plus, who doesn't love a homemade blanket? The blanket itself will be a camo print on one side and a dark green on the other. The pillow is this block USMC print fabric.com has (which I thought was UUBER cool) and then black on the other side.

See?

Anyways, what do you guys think? Will he like it? And how soon is too soon to give him the X-mas present?
  2. Senior Member
    I love personal/homemade gifts..i just never do that kind of stuff myself because i have 2 left hands lol.
    You could always wrap it up and give it to him and tell him to wait till christmas to open.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy_belle View Post
    I love personal/homemade gifts..i just never do that kind of stuff myself because i have 2 left hands lol.
    You could always wrap it up and give it to him and tell him to wait till christmas to open.
    If I take my time and am patient...my homemade gifts turn out pretty fine. It's when I'm rushing that they don't turn out all that great.
    Are they allowed to take that large of an item with them to Marine Corp Boot?