Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pagan Pride Festival (Raleigh, NC)

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

Pagan Pride Festival (Raleigh, NC)

Advertisements
    So I went to the Pagan Pride Festival today with DH in Raleigh and omg we had a blast! This was my first pagan gathering south of the Mason Dixon and I was both surprised and overjoyed that DH wanted to come explore it with me. As it turns out, they had mediaeval sword/weapons demonstrations like 20 feet from the front gate, so DH was almost immediately won over. Then he found a vendor selling "chthulu cakes" (essentially sea monster shaped cakes for all you non-HP Lovecraft fans like myself). For me, well I found a good bit! I'll post a pic. The energy was awesome, the people were super chill, quirky, eclectic and just over all fun to be around.

I feel so relaxed and happy right now, I just wanted to share.

So from left to right, that is a loaf of artisan bread (olive & rosemary), the black bowl is a censer for burning incense, the white oblong thing is a selenite wand for body work, the skull is DH's contribution to Samhain (since I apparently make Halloween too cutesy) and the horn is a meade horn. The two jars are meditation incense and then there's an additional pendulum (agate) that I picked up b/c it seems to work for both DH and myself!

the orange "ball" is a salt candle holder. It glows when lit.

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by sweetvanity; 09-15-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: added link to OP

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. Senior Member
    Oh wow that sounds like a blast! Is it going on tomorrow as well? That seems like a lot of fun!
  3. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by silverrein View Post
    Oh wow that sounds like a blast! Is it going on tomorrow as well? That seems like a lot of fun!
    Yeah it is actually! Here's the link to the site: Pagan Pride Raleigh They had a few workshops I also wanted to go to (listed on the website), but honestly, I got so caught up talking to people at random, I totally forgot about them! It's at the State Fair grounds. I hope you get a chance to go.

The "entrance fee" is a canned good for a local food pantry or a cash donation (if you don't have canned goods on hand).

If you go, I hope you post your treasures too! There was so much great stuff. And honestly, I thought the prices for so many handmade crafts and artisan goods were incredibly reasonable!

www.SnarkyFit.com
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The cthulu cakes sound awesome! I read tons of Lovecraft too, nice to know there is another fan here.

Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for sharing!
  5. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    The cthulu cakes sound awesome! I read tons of Lovecraft too, nice to know there is another fan here.

Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for sharing!
    HAHa oh yes. Btw: just shared your post with DH and he said, "Tell her she's awesome." So there ya go.

BTW: I had no idea cthulu was such a celebrated character until today. They actually had a ton of "his" stuff.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  6. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm
    I wish I could go but it's to far from me, it sounds so fun and your treasures are amazing!

SailorsBunny is my amazing Wifey
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    HAHa oh yes. Btw: just shared your post with DH and he said, "Tell her she's awesome." So there ya go.

BTW: I had no idea cthulu was such a celebrated character until today. They actually had a ton of "his" stuff.
    Yay lovecraft!

Have you seen the Cthulu 2012 stuff? It's hilarious

8. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by NotThatMonkey View Post
    I wish I could go but it's to far from me, it sounds so fun and your treasures are amazing!
    Girl, you have two of my favorite resources in the whole world for esoteric "treasures" just down the road from you in VA Beach!!!
    1) The Heritage store
    2) The Edgar Cayce A.R.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Yay lovecraft!

Have you seen the Cthulu 2012 stuff? It's hilarious
    I may need to buy this for DH!

www.SnarkyFit.com
  9. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    Girl, you have two of my favorite resources in the whole world for esoteric "treasures" just down the road from you in VA Beach!!!
    1) The Heritage store
    2) The Edgar Cayce A.R.E.
    I am going to have to venture out and find those now... the store i have found around here i haven't found to be to great, most of the time they seem to be out of stock of everything. but my husband and i figured out a way to go! so i get to go tomorrow

SailorsBunny is my amazing Wifey
  10. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by NotThatMonkey View Post
    I am going to have to venture out and find those now... the store i have found around here i haven't found to be to great, most of the time they seem to be out of stock of everything. but my husband and i figured out a way to go! so i get to go tomorrow
    hope you love it as much as we did!

Here's the address for The Heritage Natural Market (I guess they changed the name) 984 Laskin Road, Va Beach, VA The Heritage - Hours / Location

Edgar Cayce's A.R.E.
    Association for Research and Enlightenment
    215 67th Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
    http://www.edgarcayce.org/

www.SnarkyFit.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast