Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pagans and Heathens

1. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?

Pagans and Heathens

Advertisements
    I haven't the slightest clue where to put this. I know we have some here that identify with a "Pagan" tradition. What is your chosen path?

I'm back to exploring Asatru/Northern Traditions (Norse/Heathens), Celtic, Hellenic and Kemetic traditions.
    Pax, Aeon
  2. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    I call myself Pagan but haven't really researched the different "paths" of it. Would love to learn though.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I call my children heathens, not how one normally would, but more in a pet name kinda way lol (Meaning, I don't use it in a negative way)
  4. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    I call my children heathens, not how one normally would, but more in a pet name kinda way lol (Meaning, I don't use it in a negative way)
    I call mine heathens, too.
    Pax, Aeon
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I've always been interested in paganism. I may stalk this thread a bit.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Last edited by AwwSnail; 10-27-2012 at 08:47 PM.
  7. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    If I had to "name" myself, I guess I'd consider myself a white witch or one of the "cunning folk". This is most because, my focus is usually on mental, physical, emotional and spiritual healing, development and wellbeing. I'm less intrigued at the idea of commanding elementals, and more involved with requesting the guidance or assistance of a wide variety of groups-- the elementals, the angels, the fae (sparingly), ascended masters etc... I also seem to have a strange connection with weather. As for the 4 Clairs... clairvoyance and clairsentience are my strongest.

From what I can gather, as I'm still on my journey, the Celtic Wiccan tradition comfortable and natural fit in many ways. This probably has to do with whom my firetribe is primarily constructed. When I was first introduced to the Sabbats, it was with the Celtic names. I've also researched and watched videos on Buckland's Saxon Wicca.

Also, I grew up with what my mother presented to me as "Roman Catholic", however, I think most Catholics would not agree that what she raised me with is anything remotely following the Church. She raised me with many traditions and values of Native American spirituality, some elements of Christian science, and a hearty dose of New Age style angelic/mediumship work. We're also both Reiki practitioners-- and use many tools, symbols and oracle cards to supplement our work in that area as well.
    Last edited by sweetvanity; 08-22-2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: spelling/clarify

www.SnarkyFit.com
  8. Senior Member
    New age/wicca of no particular region or descent. I believe in a male and female force , and the " wheel "of the year of birth , growth , death, rebirth. Powers in herbs, crystals, candles, elements, angels , saints, tools ..whatever the situtation calls for .I'm kinda all over the place , but thats why Wicca calls to me because thats ok.

I guess if someone wanted to google it they would google Kicthen Witch or Green Witch

DH believes in the Nordic traditons .
  9. Free!
    Free!
    I keep trying to respond to this thread but I'm not sure what to say. I have my friend do oracle cards for me, I'm leaning towards Buddhist philosophy, I'm fascinated with Chakras and Eastern alternative medicine... I guess I'm leaning towards Eastern beliefs at this point. I'm still exploring and defining.
  10. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    New age/wicca of no particular region or descent. I believe in a male and female force , and the " wheel "of the year of birth , growth , death, rebirth. Powers in herbs, crystals, candles, elements, angels , saints, tools ..whatever the situtation calls for .I'm kinda all over the place , but thats why Wicca calls to me because thats ok.

I guess if someone wanted to google it they would google Kicthen Witch or Green Witch

DH believes in the Nordic traditons .
    I looked up the name, and I guess this is pretty similar to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Boneslady View Post
    I keep trying to respond to this thread but I'm not sure what to say. I have my friend do oracle cards for me, I'm leaning towards Buddhist philosophy, I'm fascinated with Chakras and Eastern alternative medicine... I guess I'm leaning towards Eastern beliefs at this point. I'm still exploring and defining.
    I think most, if not all of us in this thread are still on the journey! Glad you responded!

www.SnarkyFit.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast