Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Costumes for Kids... what's appropriate?

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

Halloween Costumes for Kids... what's appropriate?

Advertisements
    I was poking around on Pinterest and stumbled across this link depicting children's costumes from various popular movies.Parenting level 439932.

Personally, I want to adopt the kid dressed as harry potter. The last one, however, showing a child dressed up as Alex DeLarge (from a A Clockwork Orange) I'm kinda about. I mean, tell me-- do you think that's an appropriate costume for a kid that looks like he's 5 or 6?

I can't imagine showing my kid the movie (the book is better, but still not a kids story) at that age. And I'm assuming that if I'm dressing my kid up for halloween (at that age) he or she knows the character I'm dressing him/her up as.

Perspective?

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would be more worried about the things I see some girls wearing then I would about the age appropriateness of a character (if the kid is fully covered).

I think kids should be allowed to be characters they know and like, as long as they are covered. If the kid is to young (infant/toddler) to decide, I am ALL for the parents dressing them up as something funny.
  3. Senior Member
    I love the little kid dressed as a hobbit I think those costumes are cool, obviously more for the parent than the kid, but hey.

4. Senior Member
    I love the little kid dressed as a hobbit I think those costumes are cool, obviously more for the parent than the kid, but hey.

5. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I wouldn't let my child be anything I feel inappropriate.

6. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    omg, don't even get me started on some of the costumes I saw BABIES wearing last year... a 5 yr old dressed as a go-go dancer in a stuffed bikini top and hot pants with little knee high boots...

www.SnarkyFit.com
  7. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Eh, the kid wont really get it until hes older and when he is older he will know how cool he is. Its really more for the parents. I think its funny. I would have more of an issue of dressing them up as a slutty pumpkin or something than 'inappropriate' (which is such a broad word as whats inappropriate for one family isnt for another) when it comes to story line.
  8. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    Is that what he is? I couldn't figure it out. Not a LOTR fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Eh, the kid wont really get it until hes older and when he is older he will know how cool he is. Its really more for the parents. I think its funny. I would have more of an issue of dressing them up as a slutty pumpkin or something than 'inappropriate' (which is such a broad word as whats inappropriate for one family isnt for another) when it comes to story line.
    FTR I didn't say "inappropriate"... I asked if people thought it was appropriate because I wasn't sure what to make of it. If I had a solid perspective, I wouldn't have asked. So I was hoping that other people, whose opinions and values vary, would weigh in.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  9. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

www.SnarkyFit.com
  10. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    Is that what he is? I couldn't figure it out. Not a LOTR fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    FTR I didn't say "inappropriate" in the OP... I asked if people thought it was appropriate because I wasn't sure what to make of it. If I had a solid perspective, I wouldn't have asked. So I was hoping that other people, whose opinions and values vary, would weigh in.

www.SnarkyFit.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast