Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Traditions for Easter

1. Senior Member

Traditions for Easter

Advertisements
    This year my and DH and I got to experience something new through my brother and his wife inviting us. It was the retelling of the gospel. It is called Tetelestai ( not sure how to get the accent mark about the second e ). It was an incredible performance by The Cleveland Performing Art Ministry.

I think this was incredible and it helped my DH and I on our journey together to find a church in which we feel we belong. Not only was this an incredible service we loved the people at the church and will be joining them Sunday for Easter. It hope we can call it our church one day.

Here is the link to their website: Tetélestai Video Intro

Anyone else ever seen this performance before or have any other Easter traditions? This will be one my DH and I will try and do every year.

Peace is my wifey!!!!
  2. Moderator

My mom's a composer- among her works, she's written 6 Easter Cantatas, which are presentations of the life and ministry of Christ for choir, soloists, piano/organ/orchestra and narrators. Every year she conducts one of them in our hometown on Easter (sometimes additional performances on other days). My Easter tradition was always to sing in or attend the Easter Cantata, before the military took us away. I'm kind of lost without it, and it makes me really sad. But I always at least listen to a few recordings from one of them. And I go to church... usually participate in music somehow, but this year where I am there is no choir- I don't think they have any music planned for the service tomorrow at all. I'm really sad.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    My mom's a composer- among her works, she's written 6 Easter Cantatas, which are presentations of the life and ministry of Christ for choir, soloists, piano/organ/orchestra and narrators. Every year she conducts one of them in our hometown on Easter (sometimes additional performances on other days). My Easter tradition was always to sing in or attend the Easter Cantata, before the military took us away. I'm kind of lost without it, and it makes me really sad. But I always at least listen to a few recordings from one of them. And I go to church... usually participate in music somehow, but this year where I am there is no choir- I don't think they have any music planned for the service tomorrow at all. I'm really sad.
    That is truly amazing. I am sorry your unable to attend due to the military. I can understand how that is hard. I have never seen a performance like this before and it was just really moving. :-) I hope you have a great Easter.

Peace is my wifey!!!!
  4. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LukesGirl View Post
    That is truly amazing. I am sorry your unable to attend due to the military. I can understand how that is hard. I have never seen a performance like this before and it was just really moving. :-) I hope you have a great Easter.
    I bet it was awesome. Happy Easter to you as well. I'm glad you got to see the presentation you attended.