Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Halloween Party Game Ideas

1. Regular Member

Halloween Party Game Ideas

Advertisements
    Anyone have an game ideas for any age range for a Halloween Party?
  2. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    I've been working on the same thing! My friend volunteers at a Korean school and we are introducing the kids to Halloween next week, age ranges 8 - 14! I've been doing a lot of googling LOL!

Since the kids have limited English skills and this is a new idea, we are avoiding anything really scary or difficult to interpret. So none of the "spaghetti for brains" feeling games, stuff like that.

We are doing a pin the tail on the black cat and I have some paper games like color by number for a surprise picture (jack o' lantern), connect the dots and a pencil maze. We are going to have them make masks also.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Songtan Sally View Post
    I've been working on the same thing! My friend volunteers at a Korean school and we are introducing the kids to Halloween next week, age ranges 8 - 14! I've been doing a lot of googling LOL!

Since the kids have limited English skills and this is a new idea, we are avoiding anything really scary or difficult to interpret. So none of the "spaghetti for brains" feeling games, stuff like that.

We are doing a pin the tail on the black cat and I have some paper games like color by number for a surprise picture (jack o' lantern), connect the dots and a pencil maze. We are going to have them make masks also.

i found a game that is kind of like musical chairs (minus the pushing and shoving fight for chairs lol) that might help you out with the language barrier. you can have cutouts of a spider, witch, pumpkin, ghost and anything halloweenish and create one for each child that will be there. then you write down or in your case you could have smaller cutouts on pieces of paper of a spider or pumpkin etc, place them in a bowl. spread the cutouts out on the floor and have each child stand by one, play some halloween music and do the walking around thing and when you stop you pick one of those pieces of paper out and if it was a pumpkin youd show them pumpkin and whoever was standing beside a pumpkin would be out. have a prize for whoever is last. sounds a like fun game, i will be trying it. hope this gave you an idea that you could work with have fun at your party!
  4. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Bobbing for apples? I would NEVER do that now cause that is just a cesspool of germs, but I was a kid, what the heck did I know??? I just knew it was fun and I have a lot of fond memories.

Maybe you can tie a sting onto the stems and hang the apples from something sturdy and let them go at it that way?
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyykooolaid View Post
    Bobbing for apples? I would NEVER do that now cause that is just a cesspool of germs, but I was a kid, what the heck did I know??? I just knew it was fun and I have a lot of fond memories.

Maybe you can tie a sting onto the stems and hang the apples from something sturdy and let them go at it that way?

thats a good idea. i thought about the apple bobbing thing, but i was kind of worried about the germs too. thanks!