Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Holiday newsletters

1. I hail from MPLS
    I hail from MPLS

Confused Holiday newsletters

Advertisements
    Does anyone send these? My parents are pretty good about sending newsletters out every year for the holidays. Basically, they write a wrap up of the year's events and send them out to friends and family. I really want to start up that tradition with me and DH. However, I have friends and family who aren't religious at all and I don't think anyone would be offended, I just think that I would feel silly sending a "Merry Christmas" or even a "Happy Holidays" letter. I guess my question is, is it okay to have a "New Year" letter? But, also, just curious about if others do this or this is just some quirk my parents do? I suppose this is a bit belated, but I finally have time to put one together...
    PARTICIPATING IN JAN 4 BOYCOTT

I have Wifeys!! : an everyday love, *larz*, llove12, and chasesbabygirl!!!! to all everyday!
  2. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

I know Bluebird does it.

I don't think it's strange at all. If you don't really keep in touch all that often with certain relatives, it's cute idea.

I have a hard enough time remember what happened yesterday, so I wouldn't be able to remember enough stuff to do a whole year lol
  3. Senior Member
    My parents do it... I don't like it though because they write about me!
  4. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    I like them, but my parents don't send them anymore. Dad can't remember the previous hour, let alone the 12 months before Christmas
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't think there is anything wrong in doing a new year letter instead of a happy holiday letter... Writing about some stuff from the past year (births, weddings, promotions, big vacations, ect...) and throw in a little about any big upcoming events, and just wishing everyone a happy new year... sounds like a good plan!
  6. Senior Member
    Yup I do it. Mostly because we don't talk to all of DHs family frequently and they like to stay up to date. Its also a way to send out new address info and that sort of thing. Mine is a mix of writing and pictures though to try to keep it from being boring.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong in doing a new year letter instead of a happy holiday letter... Writing about some stuff from the past year (births, weddings, promotions, big vacations, ect...) and throw in a little about any big upcoming events, and just wishing everyone a happy new year... sounds like a good plan!
    Good idea.

We don't do it because I honestly don't think any of DH's family would read them or even care. But I know my MIL & my parents would read it. But since I write regularly on a blog, they already know the most important things.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  8. Senior Member
    Husbands whole extended family does it and my foster parents do to. I think its great that I know whats going on even though I dont see them.

BTW some do holiday ones well a few do the New Year ones