Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Any Christmas suggestions??

  1. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    CarLooSHoo's Avatar
    CarLooSHoo is offline
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,656
    #1

    Any Christmas suggestions??

    Advertisements
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by CarLooSHoo; 01-04-2010 at 09:23 AM.

  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #2
    I'm gonna have to this thread considering this is DH and my first Christmas without our family as well



  3. Account Closed
    His*PITA*'s Avatar
    His*PITA* is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow
    Posts
    69,415
    #3
    Im in the same boat... growing up christmas was always spent with, I kid you not, at least 20ish family memebers getting together to open presents, playing cards, eating, watching christmas movies, and so on...

    This year its just DH and I... right now all I have planned is waking up, making a big breakfast for the two of us, open presents, maybe walk around the mall/stores a little bit... but other then that, i got nothing...

    I will be stalking for more ideas...
  4. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    CarLooSHoo's Avatar
    CarLooSHoo is offline
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,656
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Im in the same boat... growing up christmas was always spent with, I kid you not, at least 20ish family memebers getting together to open presents, playing cards, eating, watching christmas movies, and so on...

    This year its just DH and I... right now all I have planned is waking up, making a big breakfast for the two of us, open presents, maybe walk around the mall/stores a little bit... but other then that, i got nothing...

    I will be stalking for more ideas...
    That's how I feel too. It's just gonna seem so lonely but I want to make the best of it since next Christmas DH wont be here.

  5. Account Closed
    His*PITA*'s Avatar
    His*PITA* is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow
    Posts
    69,415
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CarLooSHoo View Post
    That's how I feel too. It's just gonna seem so lonely but I want to make the best of it since next Christmas DH wont be here.
    There anywhere pretty you could go for a walk? Maybe a christmas movie marathon with some hot. choc. & a warm blanket?
  6. Account Closed
    katiedelta3's Avatar
    katiedelta3 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,623
    #6
    ,
    Last edited by katiedelta3; 01-06-2010 at 02:54 AM.
  7. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    CarLooSHoo's Avatar
    CarLooSHoo is offline
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,656
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    There anywhere pretty you could go for a walk? Maybe a christmas movie marathon with some hot. choc. & a warm blanket?
    We have AFN here but it sucks on my TV! The only Christmas movie I have is Polar Express so I think I'll prob have us watch that after dinner with some hot chocolate?? And a walk is a good idea cause that'll make the dogs happy too

  8. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    CarLooSHoo's Avatar
    CarLooSHoo is offline
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,656
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by katiedelta3 View Post
    Dh and I are watching the Adolphus children's parade, having a big Christmas breakfast, taking our time to open presents, watching Four Christmases and The Santa Clause as they come on AFN, having Christmas dinner, decorating Christmas cookies, then maybe having some friends over after dinner to play some games. I'm gonna make it last as long as possible, I'm not ready for it to be over yet.
    I LOOOVE Christmas I want to make it long too! I just need to know what to do first I think since we are baking 3 types of cookies that's a good amount of time, at least I hope! The decorating is the fun part

  9. Account Closed
    His*PITA*'s Avatar
    His*PITA* is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow
    Posts
    69,415
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CarLooSHoo View Post
    We have AFN here but it sucks on my TV! The only Christmas movie I have is Polar Express so I think I'll prob have us watch that after dinner with some hot chocolate?? And a walk is a good idea cause that'll make the dogs happy too
    We gave up on AFN like the 2nd week we had it... never had anything good, what about finding some online to watch them?
  10. Waiting Around
    Mac N Cheese's Avatar
    Mac N Cheese is offline
    Waiting Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,419
    Blog Entries
    1
    #10
    Last year we went to one of his friends house and we have xmas breakfast with his shop. That was fun and really nice!
    This year we are inviting friends and a few of the single people in his shop over and I'm cooking them dinner.
    I don't like to spend holidays alone, even more so since we don't have our WHOLe family here so my friends and his shop are like our little extented family.
    I'm gunna pick up a gingerbread house kit tonight for DH and I to do for our center piece of the table lol
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •