Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Is this enough food?

  1. Senior Member
    MilitarySpouse01's Avatar
    MilitarySpouse01 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,443
    #1

    Is this enough food?

    Advertisements
    On christmas day well be having about 8-12 people over.

    Im making-

    a ham
    roasted potatoes
    sweet potato pie
    either green bean casserole or green beans with bacon and shallots
    stuffing
    rolls

    Ill probably do a cheese and cracker platter and make a dip also, and Ill have a couple desserts.

    We have a 4 person table, and not enough chairs So Ill basically be putting everything on the table and people can eat in the dining room or living room or walk around and socialize and eat and what not.

    I also dont have enough plates, so would it be super corny to use christmas paper plates? I have 6 plates.

    Well have spiced wine, a lot of beer, and plenty of sodas. I already decided were using paper cups. I got santa paper cups that say ho ho ho
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    *Pamela*'s Avatar
    *Pamela* is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #2
    I might make one more vegetable, but other than that it sounds good!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    *Pamela*'s Avatar
    *Pamela* is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #3
    Oh and the plates don't sound cheesy. It sounds like it's going to be casual, so I'd be doing that anyway!
  4. Senior Member
    MilitarySpouse01's Avatar
    MilitarySpouse01 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,443
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by *Pamela* View Post
    I might make one more vegetable, but other than that it sounds good!
    I always forget about vegetables. I could eat carbs and cheese all day and be happy.

    Whats another vegetable I could make? Carrots? I dont really like carrots?
  5. Looking for the sunshine...
    Jayo's Avatar
    Jayo is offline
    Looking for the sunshine...
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,586

    #5
    How about making a tossed salad. Oh and do you have any tv trays or know someone to borrow some from? Those really help.

    Get the GOOD paper plates and napkins and no one will say a thing!
  6. Looking for the sunshine...
    Jayo's Avatar
    Jayo is offline
    Looking for the sunshine...
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,586

    #6
    Fried Cauliflower;

    Steam frozen cauliflower in microwave until tender. Heat fry pan, add 2-3 tbsp butter, melt. Toss in cauliflower, season w/white pepper, fry until lightly brown. Remove and place in bowl. Toss with parmesean cheese....yummy!
  7. Senior Member
    MilitarySpouse01's Avatar
    MilitarySpouse01 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,443
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    How about making a tossed salad. Oh and do you have any tv trays or know someone to borrow some from? Those really help.

    Get the GOOD paper plates and napkins and no one will say a thing!
    Salad! Duh! Why didnt I think of salad! Salad it is.

    I can make a good salad with cooked tortellini on top, some cup up zucchini, sliced tomatoes, and parm. Yummy!
  8. Senior Member
    MilitarySpouse01's Avatar
    MilitarySpouse01 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,443
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    Fried Cauliflower;

    Steam frozen cauliflower in microwave until tender. Heat fry pan, add 2-3 tbsp butter, melt. Toss in cauliflower, season w/white pepper, fry until lightly brown. Remove and place in bowl. Toss with parmesean cheese....yummy!
    Mmm that sounds good too!
  9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    On christmas day well be having about 8-12 people over.

    Im making-

    a ham
    roasted potatoes
    sweet potato pie
    either green bean casserole or green beans with bacon and shallots
    stuffing
    rolls

    Ill probably do a cheese and cracker platter and make a dip also, and Ill have a couple desserts.

    We have a 4 person table, and not enough chairs So Ill basically be putting everything on the table and people can eat in the dining room or living room or walk around and socialize and eat and what not.

    I also dont have enough plates, so would it be super corny to use christmas paper plates? I have 6 plates.

    Well have spiced wine, a lot of beer, and plenty of sodas. I already decided were using paper cups. I got santa paper cups that say ho ho ho
    I'd add some corn and candied yams. Since I eat rice A LOT, I always make sure to have rice available, since *I* don't like stuffing.

    I'd also make another dessert...something chocolaty like fudge or brownies, maybe even cookies.

    A rule of thumb I go by is that, when hosting a party, it's always better to have too much food than too little.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    *Pamela*'s Avatar
    *Pamela* is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #10
    Google a jiffy corn casserole. It's SO easy, and delicious. There's never any of that left. Some recipes say put cheese on it though, but I prefer it without.

    ETA..here it is!

    http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,188,...231207,00.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •