Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Solstice/Yule Celebrations?

1. Senior Member

Solstice/Yule Celebrations?

Advertisements
    I think there was a few people on here who celebrated Yule last year. I was just wondering what you guys were doing this year, if there were any special traditions you had. We celebrate Christmas as well, but we aren't Christian- so I would really love to get back to the Pagan origins of the season with my kids. I am buying a few picture books to read with them, and planning to do a special family dinner on the 21st, maybe as a picnic or on the beach. I found a really nice, simple little ceremony that I really like: Welcome Back the Sun for Yule

I was also thinking about having everyone do little handmade gifts to exchange that day also.

Anybody else?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Rather than getting a tree (I'd feel bad for chopping down a real one, and can't afford a fake one,) I am picking a tree in my neighborhood to decorate (with the owner's permission.) I'm planning an altar and rit for midnight of Yule.

I'm also planning to go hang out with a group I'm affiliated with that evening, as they're doing a group exodus to a nearby eatery. I've already written out Yule cards.
  3. Senior Member
    well I'm not doing anything this year, just cause its only me
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We're not Pagan (also not Christian) but we opened our presents to each other today. We're still trying to find a tradition that works with our non-beliefs.