Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What to get the baby from Grandma and Grandpa??

1. Senior Member

What to get the baby from Grandma and Grandpa??

Advertisements
    My parents always send me a check and have me do their Christmas shopping for us and the kids. Its easier with the job they have. They can't get to a store or a post office.

Anyway my mom said to get Sara something that will grow with her. Shes almost 5 months. I have no idea what would grow with her. We already got her one of those jumperoo things for Christmas. The only thing I can think of is bath tub toys or a jewelry box. I'm not sure how much money they are sending this year. Last year they $100 for each of us.

Any suggestions?
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    A Fisher Price crib toy! Ethan used his from 6 months to 2 years.
  3. Senior Member
    The Fisher Price houses (they have a home, kitchen, farmhouse etc) are for 6-36 months and would be a good option.
  4. Senior Member
    I got some friends of mine that run a pediatric physical therapy clinic a selection of straw cups, non-spillable snack cups, and a container tether for the stroller/carseat for each of their kids (ranging in age from about 7 months to 2 years)

And then to keep in the clinic, because they have all sorts of ages, but it's mostly early learners and young school age... I got some Melissa and Doug shape sorters, and tactile pattern toys.

The shape sorter in particular is my fave, because it's bright, and shaped like a clock, so each shape has a number and a color, and a spot where it fits, and then when they're all in, you can use it to teach time.

That's an example of a toy that will grow with a kid... when they are young, they will want to dump the pieces, when they have a bit more motor skills, they will try to jam the parts in the sections, when they are a little older you can work on colors and shapes, and when even older still, you can teach telling time.
  5. Senior Member
    Victoria she has a crib toy. Its the one thing John wanted me to buy for her. she loves it. Shes recenly learned how to push the button and turn it on.

The fisher price toys are a great idea and so is Melissa and Doug. I forgot about those types of toys!!
  6. Left Site
    Left Site
    I don't know how much "growing" these will help with, but two years ago I got a set of them for my cousin's baby and she still adores them and carries pooh around.

http://collectibledollbargains.com/D...WT-P16586.aspx

I don't think I'll ever grow out of classic pooh.
    Last edited by Elle; 12-06-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: wrong link