Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a gift or gift card giver?

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

Are you a gift or gift card giver?

Advertisements
    So we all know gift cards are probably like the most common gift now. But what would you consider yourself, a gift card giver or an actual gift giver to family and friends?

Once in a while I'll buy a gift card, sometimes for J's mom or brother. But in general I don't like to give gift cards (although i LOVE to receive them , funny how that works). I just like to really put thought into the gifts I buy for people, and really think about what they like or might like and might enjoy. I also love wrapping their gifts in really pretty wrapping paper and bows and put a lot of thought into that too. I only do this once a year so I like to take my time

So what would you consider yourself?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I love buying gifts for people I love wrapping and ahh I'm like you I love all the fun pretty bows and paper!
  3. Senior Member
    I'd rather buy a gift becaUse it's usually cheaper than buying that mandatory $25 giftcard.

Deployment Survivor:
    09.24.08-10.17.09
  4. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Yea that's another thing, i always feel kinda weird for the receiver to KNOW how much I spent on them when I give them a gift card, i always feel like if I give them a $20 gift card they might be like "what a cheapo"
  5. Senior Member
    Depends on the person, but like for my grandparents every christmas they can expect gift cards from me. They have everything! So I just get them several gift cards for different restaurants, they love going out to eat on the weekends so it's a practical & good gift for them, but for everyone else it's usually gifts & not gift cards.
  6. I Love My LCPL
    I Love My LCPL
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMSET View Post
    Depends on the person, but like for my grandparents every christmas they can expect gift cards from me. They have everything! So I just get them several gift cards for different restaurants, they love going out to eat on the weekends so it's a practical & good gift for them, but for everyone else it's usually gifts & not gift cards.
    I agree. It totally depends on the person for me. I feel that my parents and DB and closest friends get actual gifts. People I dont know so well get gift cards.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Last edited by *skittles*; 01-04-2010 at 12:17 PM.
  8. Senior Member
    i use to love spending ages thinking of the right gift, buying it and wrapping it up so beautifully... but now im uggghhhh and i cant deal with it so this year will be $150 prepaid visa cards for everyone so i dont have to deal with the shopping crowds

seriously, i need a personal shopper this year
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Depends, sometimes I do both. Like for my sister this Christmas, Im doing a movie basket which will have popcorn, coke, movie tickets and $10 to Blockbuster......
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I love buying gifts for ppl. Last resort is gift cards. Only if I have no other options or that what they really want. I love finding really cool gifts for ppl. it makes it fun like shopping for DB's care packages. It's amazing the cool sports stuff i have found on Ebay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast