Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sending cookies to family

1. Regular Member

Sending cookies to family

Advertisements
    Hi, everyone! My husband and I are wanting to make a bunch of different kinds of cookies to send to our families for Christmas. We live in Hawaii, so it will take the cookies atleast 4 days to make it to where they need to go. I know we send cookies and stuff overseas, and they make it over there fine most of the time, but I know when I sent stuff, it wasn't exactly packaged to look good...it was packaged to make sure they got there in one piece! Sooo, do you think there is a way that we can send the cookies so that they still look pretty, but also don't turn into big balls of yuckiness?! I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's not such a good idea!
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    How about vacuum sealing them?! Oh an ship them out on a Monday, preferably with no holidays during the week; that way they don't risk the chance of sitting at a post office on a Sunday or holiday.
  3. C'mon March!
    C'mon March!

Made these last weekend

I posted this last week. This is how I send them to DB who is deployed right now and they get to him in one piece and fresh. Takes a bit more time but I think it's worth it. I've never vacuum packed them. To make them more "Christmasy" you could tie red/green ribbon around the top of each ziplock bag. Just a suggestion. I hope this helps a little.

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/pho...erday-yum.html
  4. C'mon March!
    C'mon March!
    Steph42984, I just noticed that you may not be able to view that thread that I linked since you don't have 250+ posts that allows you to view the Photo Album, so here is the important part of it:

All done. 36 cookies.

Individually wrapped in plastic wrap.

Two to a ziplock bag.

Packed in containers (like the Glad tupperware with the blue lids) ready to go into a box for shipping.

Thanks for looking
  5. Junior Member
    For packaging I get a box 1 size larger than needed, fill the bottom with foam peanuts and then a sheet of cardboard and then put the cookies on it, usually individually wrapped, then a few sheets of tissue paper and more peanuts. Mine make it in perfect condition everytime.
  6. Regular Member
    Thank you all so much for the suggestions! I told my hubby that it looks like wrapping each one individually would be the way to go, to which he responded with a huge moan . Oh well, it will be a little more work, but I am sure it will be worth it!
  7. i hate iraq
    i hate iraq
    depending on the cookies, you can put them back to back and a little piece of wax paper in between and then wrap those 2 cookies together...

but i agree with all the other suggestions ribbons, bows, etc...if you use tupperware they have christmasy colors
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph42984 View Post
    Hi, everyone! My husband and I are wanting to make a bunch of different kinds of cookies to send to our families for Christmas. We live in Hawaii, so it will take the cookies atleast 4 days to make it to where they need to go. I know we send cookies and stuff overseas, and they make it over there fine most of the time, but I know when I sent stuff, it wasn't exactly packaged to look good...it was packaged to make sure they got there in one piece! Sooo, do you think there is a way that we can send the cookies so that they still look pretty, but also don't turn into big balls of yuckiness?! I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's not such a good idea!
    Martha Stewart says to use bubble wrap between your layers...