Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this too tacky?

1. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3

Is this too tacky?

Advertisements
    So I know this seems like 'story of your life' every day (for us anyways LOL) but we just cant afford to buy everyone big christmas presents this year and we both have big families so we have to do something! DH says we should just do cards or something, or suck it up and go into debt, but Im just not okay with that. I came up with this idea that I thought was cute, but he says its too insanely tacky, so, Idk Opinions?

I found these ADORABLE holiday themed gift boxes and I awted to put this cute little snowman figurine that has his two arms that hold pictures and put Carters holiday pictures in it, snowman coasters that I love to make (I made them for our household even, so I wouldnt give stuff I wouldnt use!), an ornament, and chocolate covered pretzels or marshmallows that DH and I would make and put red and green M&Ms on them .. The cost for all that came to be about 3.75 per person before pictures so I was excited about the idea plus putting all the stuff together will keep me busy, but DH shot it down and said I was being tacky..

Basically, do you make homemade gifts for family? Our immediate family will still have normal christmas, but for us its mostly about Carter this year, so Just curious what you think?
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  2. Rei
    Chhyeah!
    Chhyeah!
    I think that would be an awesome idea. My SIL always sends pictures of her kids as presents and the family always love it.

3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I want one! can I be on your list?!
    I think thats so cute and a great idea!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    I think that would be cute You don't have to buy presents for people..It's the thought that counts
  5. Rei
    Chhyeah!
    Chhyeah!
    Oh, and the SIL has gotten calendars made somewhere online with pictures of her kids & adds birthdays of family members in there to send out to everyone. I think that's been everyone's favorite. Ask him what he thinks of that!

6. Junior Member
    I always send homemade cookies, so that doesnt seem tacky to me at all. As a matter of fact we dont purchase gifts for anyone other than the kiddos. I started my holiday cookie baking today, I usually make everyone 2 dozen of their fav cookies and then an assortment of other cookies.
  7. Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Oh, and the SIL has gotten calendars made somewhere online with pictures of her kids & adds birthdays of family members in there to send out to everyone. I think that's been everyone's favorite. Ask him what he thinks of that!
    I soo wanted to do this - but my uncle has claimed this idea for the past 4 years and makes calenders with pics of all the kids from the previous year ! LOL
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I like it..tell him to suck it.
  9. Senior Member
    I think it is a cute idea! DH and I sent out Christmas letters to our family and friends updating them on our past year and experiences. They have always gone over well.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea. View Post
    I think that would be cute You don't have to buy presents for people..It's the thought that counts
    I think it's a really cute idea!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast