Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need feedback on gift idea....

1. vs the US Navy
    vs the US Navy

Need feedback on gift idea....

Advertisements
    Ok, so I am making Christmas lists. I am really struggling with gift ideas for my DF. He is deployed, so that limits possible gifts. I came up with this idea.... but I'm struggling with whether or not it is a good one.

I am a singer. I have gone to school for it, I sing all the time, it's my career. DF LOVES it when I sing. When he was home, he would almost always ask me to sing while he cooked or did paperwork or whatever, so he could listen. So..... it's been about 3 years since I put out a CD. What if I put together a bunch of new songs, recorded them, and gave that as one of his gifts?

Here is my dilemma. I think he would like it (I know he would like to be able to hear me while he is away).... but is it weird to give someone a CD of you? Is it vain?... like, "Here! Listen to me sing!"???

TIA for your help!

Loving my wifey, Missing Jack, forever and ever!

Dear Lord,
    Give me the greatness of heart to see the difference between duty and his love for me. Give me understanding that I may know, when duty calls him he must go. Give me a task to do each day, to fill the time when he's away. And Lord, when he's in a foreign land, keep him safe in your loving hand. And Lord, when duty is in the field, please protect him and be his shield. And Lord, when deployment is so long, please stay with me and keep me strong.
    Amen.
  2. Regular Member
    If he loves to hear you sing then you should do it! I mean its a cute idea!!!
  3. I'm complicated and eccentric, get use to it.
    I'm complicated and eccentric, get use to it.
    I think he would like it, I used to send my husband drawing because he thinks I draw well I think it's a good idea.
    <3Ta Gra Agam Ort Deus Mo Fear Ciele <3
  4. i hate iraq
    i hate iraq
    i think he would love it maybe you could send a dvd with video of you singing one song too?
  5. vs the US Navy
    vs the US Navy
    Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that..... that's a really good idea!

Thanks for the advice, ladies!!

Loving my wifey, Missing Jack, forever and ever!

Dear Lord,
    Give me the greatness of heart to see the difference between duty and his love for me. Give me understanding that I may know, when duty calls him he must go. Give me a task to do each day, to fill the time when he's away. And Lord, when he's in a foreign land, keep him safe in your loving hand. And Lord, when duty is in the field, please protect him and be his shield. And Lord, when deployment is so long, please stay with me and keep me strong.
    Amen.
  6. i hate iraq
    i hate iraq
    Quote Originally Posted by inlovewithaSeal View Post
    Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that..... that's a really good idea!

Thanks for the advice, ladies!!
    i'm sure he'd love to see you singing in addition to hearing you