Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas "stockings"- What do you put in them?

Banned

Christmas "stockings"- What do you put in them?

Advertisements
    [DH and I were talking last night about his nieces and nephew and Christmas. He says they are the type who want more not more expensive. So I told DH that I was going to start looking for little things for them. I'm already planning on getting the girls bows from MarineBug.]

So what do you put in your kid(s)' stockings? I think K and S will be easy. But B is less than a year old... and E... well besides Hot Wheels, what do you put in a little boy's stocking?

ETA:
    Nieces
    K- 6
    S- 2... almost 3
    B- 9 months-ish

Nephew
    E- 1 year
    Last edited by joshsbeautiful; 10-02-2009 at 02:18 PM.
  2. Junior Member
    lol, I carry on a tradition my parents started. It pissed me off when I was a kid, but looking back it wasnt too bad.

My kids get "neat" dental stuff. They each get 2 of the new motorized toothbrushes, one sings I think. The neat mouth wash that shows plaque and the fluorscent colored dental picks/floss. We also put some sugar free candies in their stockings. I might stick a couple other little random things in there as well.
  3. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    Candy, fruit, socks, small things like hair ties, small craft boxes (24 crayola) ,coloring book rolled up, GI joes.

Go to a dollar store and buy things like that.
    ...Done....
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Scratch off lotto tickets, gag gifts (whoopie cusions, fake teeth, etc), bubbles...

fun, cheap stuff
  5. *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbeauty View Post
    lol, I carry on a tradition my parents started. It pissed me off when I was a kid, but looking back it wasnt too bad.

My kids get "neat" dental stuff. They each get 2 of the new motorized toothbrushes, one sings I think. The neat mouth wash that shows plaque and the fluorscent colored dental picks/floss. We also put some sugar free candies in their stockings. I might stick a couple other little random things in there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by [Elizabeth] View Post
    Candy, fruit, socks, small things like hair ties, small craft boxes (24 crayola) ,coloring book rolled up, GI joes.

Go to a dollar store and buy things like that.

My mom still puts toothbrushes, deodorant, razers, bodywash, etc in mine. DS gets cars, trains, coloring books, crayons, bubble bath stuff, bath toys, socks, undies, etc.

Maybe their stocking can be part of the gift? I got D a Lightening McQueen stocking that sang last year. Toys R Us usually has a bunch of different ones.
  6. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    I always do some practical things for stockings - but stuff my son will think is fun - This year its going to be bath toys and bath markers, a new toothbrush and toddler toothpaste, crayons and finger paint, and some kids snacks like puffs and wagon wheels and things of that nature!
    Gearing up for deployment #2
    Banned
    bath stuff?
  8. *boink*
    *boink*
    I always got chocolate coins, nectarines, makeup, hair stuff, candy, funny lil toys.....last year she put bottles of smirnoff ice in mine and DF's stocking
  9. Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsbeautiful View Post
    bath stuff?
    For the little ones (IMO) I think thats such a fun way to go - cant go wrong!! C LOVES the bath so toys, markers to write on the bathtub walls and bath finger paint, even a cute lil bath towel or wash cloths, bubble bath, target has a whole bath section
    Gearing up for deployment #2
    Banned
    Definitely going to look at bath stuff. And adding to the OP that the kids are 6, 2, 1, and 9 months.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast