Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter...

1. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!

Easter...

Advertisements
    Is it a big deal in your family?? Any special traditions??? Anything that's just GOT to be on the menu??

Does the Easter bunny go all out for your kids?

I try and host an Easter egg hunt for our friends little ones each year (a tradition that I started with playgroup at our last duty station) And yes, the bunny goes all out for Camryn. This year he's bringing some goodies, an Easter barbie peek-a-boo and Bolt on DVD... We also buy a dress specifically for her to hunt eggs in..

We typically have ham, and devilled eggs each Easter, the sides can change, but it's ALWAYS ham...

I love Easter, next to Christmas it's my favorite holiday...

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

2. I Love my Steelrfn!!!
    I Love my Steelrfn!!!
    We always have an Easter egg hunt for the kids. The kids love and can never wait to paint eggs the night before Easter.

I make their Easter baskets. I always say that I'm not going to make them big baskets filled to the top over flowing but that never happens. I tend to always go overboard. They will probably get a game for their hand held game system in their basket as well.

We too always have Ham and I always make deviled eggs, and mashed potatoes. The other sides vary.
  3. ahf
    I survived deployment #5!!
    I survived deployment #5!!
    I love Easter!!
    Ham is a must (even though where I'm from you usually eat lamb, but I don't like lamb....) as is eggs.
    The egghunt is also important, DD loves it!
    Hopefully we'll get some nice weather, last year we did the Egghunt in our winter coats
    Jag lšngtar hem.....
  4. Senior Member
    For us it's always been a big get together with will my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents and we eat an early dinner. We might start doing easter egg hunts because the family is growing and we now have tons of little kids running about.
  5. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahf View Post
    I love Easter!!
    Ham is a must (even though where I'm from you usually eat lamb, but I don't like lamb....) as is eggs.
    The egghunt is also important, DD loves it!
    Hopefully we'll get some nice weather, last year we did the Egghunt in our winter coats
    Easter 2007, before we left TX for CA was FREEZING.. and I had no clue it was gonna be cold, so the movers packed our winter stuff.. not fun. Cam hunted eggs in sweats and a hoodie that year.

I just got done with the goodie bags for this year's party, and I'm making a trip to the store later for eggs and goodies to stuff inside them. I love seeing all their little faces when they find the eggs..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Since jeff has to work Easter this year. We are going to celebrate Saturday this year. I am going to do kilbasa (sp) & ah gratin potatoes with a vegtable. Not sure we are doing the egg hunt.. Didn't last year...
  7. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    we get up, hunt for the baskets (yes at 24 I still hunt for my basket)
    and then my mom and I make lunch and we eat together
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
  8. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    we always have homemade ravioli's, a procuitto (sp?) quiche and leg of lamb... for dessert we have chamellone (a lemon cookie shaped like a wreath with an egg baked in), cannoli pie, tortenils (italian vanilla cookies) and easter egg bread with homemade strawberry jam!

we always do baskets... i usually get a piece or two of "everyday" jewelry (like avon), a DVD/CD and makeup- in addition to the chocolate, jellybeans, etc...

www.SnarkyFit.com
  9. Junior Member
    The day before we paint eggs, then on Easter morning I have a prepared basket with the bigger stuff like the chocolate bunny and a variety of stuff like a book, coloring book, games, etc. Then they hunt eggs and then we go to church. I'm not sure about our dinner, maybe chicken fried steak, I'm not much into ham, and of course some sort of pie, maybe coconut cream
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We will have breakfast at the church with the Easter service. After that, we are having smoked turkey and a small egg hunt.

We don't do a lot but it is always good to fellowship with friends.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast