Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: gift idea for teh bf

1. mssy89

gift idea for teh bf

Advertisements
    i need help!! i want to send my bf a personalized gift but i dnt know waht, and its hard to buy gifts for a guy, so any ideas is welcome. he's in the navy, so something small that doesnt take alota space. and something he wud use... tahnks in advance!!
  2. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    hwo much are you willing to spend?
  3. mssy89
    hmmm the price doesnt really matter, but not too over the top expensive also.
  4. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Quote Originally Posted by mssy89 View Post
    hmmm the price doesnt really matter, but not too over the top expensive also.
    I did something for my DH that is really sentimental and sweet, but really small and portable. He keeps it with him always. But I payed almost $100 for it.

*note: because I tried to buy the best I could. You wouldn't HAVE to spend $100 for it if you picked a different style*
  5. mssy89
    that seems fine. i jus want him to keep it with him all the time, and i want it to be special, to let him kno that i love him and i miss him.
  6. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    that seems fine. i jus want him to keep it with him all the time, and i want it to be special, to let him kno that i love him and i miss him.
    ok so here is what I did.....

go to http://www.stickyj.com/

Go to "pendants". Basically, I bought a black stainless "dog tag" that I got engraved. They give you the option of engraving on both the front and the back of the dog tag. I engraved as much as I could. Two of our favorite sayings and our anniversay. I like the black ones because the engraving shows up silver and they do a REALLY nice job with it. They have a nice variety of pendants to choose from, a variety of texts to use for the engraving, and it just looks really professional and awesome. I really loved what it looked like when I got it. They also have a HUGE selection of symbols you can get engraved

The reason mine was almost $100 is because I bought a really nice black tag, engraved as much as I could, and I also bought a chain to go with it. Now, you don't need the chain because he can take the engraved dog tag and put it on the chain with his other dog tags.

But I thought this was a wonderful gift for my DH (then DB) because he can always carry it with him. He always has to have his dog tags on him anyways. It's light weight and easy to transport. So what better way for him to remember me and know that i love him then being able to look down or hold the present I got him any time he wants to. And it's also close to his heart, at all times. Plus, for deployment, it's something to remember me by that's not something big and bulky to pack that's hard to carry ya know?

So that was the very small, very personal and sentimental gift I got DH last christmas. He LOVES it and he keeps it on him at all times.
  7. mssy89
    awww... thanks for the idea. i love it. lol. i thought of jus personalizing a shirt for him, or getin him a small camcorder so he can record his travels, but i like urs better thanks a bunch hun!! =]
  8. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    awww... thanks for the idea. i love it. lol. i thought of jus personalizing a shirt for him, or getin him a small camcorder so he can record his travels, but i like urs better thanks a bunch hun!! =]
    Oh you are very welcome

I'm sure he'll love what ever you give him