Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DB's parents spoiled me rotten! No, seriously...

1. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka

Confused DB's parents spoiled me rotten! No, seriously...

Advertisements
    So I've been bitching for, oh, I dunno, the last three years or so about wanting a KitchenAid. My dad had bought one for my technical-mother (heh, that's my new term) when I was little and the only thing I missed when I left her house was that damn thing.

I've lusted after the KitchenAid and cursed it's steadily high price to just about everybody within earshot, just as a fact of life Broke college students cannot afford KitchenAids... But.... One Day...

But I figured I'd have to wait until DB married me to put it on the registry and hope for a kind relative. I've even joked with DB that he has to marry me for this reason alone.

Apparently not.

DB's mom gave me a Christmas card with $200 in it for the KitchenAid (we don't have my car, so she figured it'd be too hard to tote one back).

I mean, I can't turn down a Christmas gift, but that's way too much! I can't believe they spent so much money on me!

I had no idea that his mom intended to buy it for me, I was just pointing it out 'cos I always do. I pointed out pretty pasta bowls for her to buy me (significantly cheaper) 'cos I figured she wanted a gift idea. *cough* Yeah. She bought me those too.

I feel so lucky, but I also feel kinda bad, y'know? I just can't believe how rotten they spoiled me. Yeesh, I think I owe them my soul now or something (kidding).

My only complaint.... What's gonna talk DB into marrying me now?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del View Post
    So I've been bitching for, oh, I dunno, the last three years or so about wanting a KitchenAid. My dad had bought one for my technical-mother (heh, that's my new term) when I was little and the only thing I missed when I left her house was that damn thing.

I've lusted after the KitchenAid and cursed it's steadily high price to just about everybody within earshot, just as a fact of life Broke college students cannot afford KitchenAids... But.... One Day...

But I figured I'd have to wait until DB married me to put it on the registry and hope for a kind relative. I've even joked with DB that he has to marry me for this reason alone.

Apparently not.

DB's mom gave me a Christmas card with $200 in it for the KitchenAid (we don't have my car, so she figured it'd be too hard to tote one back).

I mean, I can't turn down a Christmas gift, but that's way too much! I can't believe they spent so much money on me!

I had no idea that his mom intended to buy it for me, I was just pointing it out 'cos I always do. I pointed out pretty pasta bowls for her to buy me (significantly cheaper) 'cos I figured she wanted a gift idea. *cough* Yeah. She bought me those too.

I feel so lucky, but I also feel kinda bad, y'know? I just can't believe how rotten they spoiled me. Yeesh, I think I owe them my soul now or something (kidding).

My only complaint.... What's gonna talk DB into marrying me now?
    his mother, obviously. gotta follow momma's orders.
  3. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    congratulations! I always feel guilty when I receive lavish gifts that I can't return...but hey, they must see something special in you! Enjoy your kitchenaid

4. Banned
    Banned
    This post cracked me up, Del. I am glad you can KitchenAid it up!
  5. Senior Member
    I understand the guilty feeling but on the bright side, she clearly likes you A LOT or she wouldn't have wanted to do that for you. I think that's a good sign that she sees you as part of her family and will probably (if she hasn't already) be putting a marriage bug in your DB's ear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You're so lucky!! I was just talking last night about how I want one bad!! I think I'll just have to get married though..

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    you are too cute! I'm glad they love you!
    ★RagaBabe Cloth Diapers Grand Opening www.ragababe.com
  8. Senior Member
    you are too funny

enjoy it hun! obviously you're a keeper!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm jealous!!!! I want one sooo bad. But, I am super happy for you!!
  10. Del
    Well, I'm glad I'm funny.

And at least I'm not the only one that feels guilty for getting crazy good presents. His parents are just so sweet and go all out for the holidays - I just wasn't expecting to be included in the "all out" y'know? Ah, well, I will try to simply revel in the joy of picking out my very own KitchenAid.

Whoever said it - you're right, he's probably obligated to marry me now. Or his mom might make him. Now wouldn't that be hilarious.

She definitely likes me, thank gods. I didn't think she did at first, but she definitely does now. I guess since I've been around almost three years, I've grown on her. Or at least, I assume that's the meaning: KitchenAid for Christmas = ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast