Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Crochet??!!

  1. Senior Member
    Medic2Doula's Avatar
    Medic2Doula is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    522
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%
    #11
    Advertisements
    Ok. Wtf
    I started this blanket, as I said it was king sized. Now it is twin sized.
    What the heck happened?!?!?!
    Is this some kind of black magic?!?!?!
  2. Old Newbie
    somebodypeople's Avatar
    somebodypeople is offline
    Old Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    21
    Lv. Percent
    70.67%
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    Ok. Wtf
    I started this blanket, as I said it was king sized. Now it is twin sized.
    What the heck happened?!?!?!
    Is this some kind of black magic?!?!?!
    Hmm. Did you substitute a different yarn for the one specified in the pattern?
  3. Senior Member
    Medic2Doula's Avatar
    Medic2Doula is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    522
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodypeople View Post
    Hmm. Did you substitute a different yarn for the one specified in the pattern?
    No. I undid a bunch and now it's a little better? I Had been working on making it looser, skipping a loop every other.... But I have a lot of slack....
  4. Old Newbie
    somebodypeople's Avatar
    somebodypeople is offline
    Old Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    21
    Lv. Percent
    70.67%
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    No. I undid a bunch and now it's a little better? I Had been working on making it looser, skipping a loop every other.... But I have a lot of slack....
    Adjusting your tension will correct it a bit, but it's not likely that tension alone would make the difference between a king blanket and a twin blanket. Your variables are the yarn weight, hook size, and tension.

    One thing you can do to keep from wasting a bunch of time is to do a swatch to check your gauge. The pattern will usually specify gauge as a ratio: number of stitches to inches or centimeters. Just work up a small sample, grab a ruler, and figure out whether or not your stitches measure up the same. If not, you can change your hook size until your swatch matches what the pattern calls for.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •