Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Craft Fair Ideas

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Craft Fair Ideas

Advertisements
    I'm going to be getting a table at our neighborhood's craft fair in a few weeks since the table and slot only costs $5.

My plan for items so far is lots of little hat and scarfs, knitted, and some bags (sewn). Mainly sling style and trick or treat sort of tote bags. I also sew the boys a lot of their clothes so I was thinking maybe some pj sets for kids, as well.

Is it too early for Christmas-y things like stockings, maybe some decorations like table runners, matching napkins, etc?

Is there anything anyone can think of that either does or doesn't do well at these fairs? Usually I just sell customs so I never really have a stock but now that both kids are getting more independent, I'm going to start keep stock since I've had the demand for it recently.
  2. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    My favorite thing in the world to do! LOL. I have found that it's really good to have things for kids for sale too. A woman in a booth next to me made crowns for girls out of garland and ribbon. They are super cheap to make and easy. She told me she makes about 200 per show and sells them for $2. And sells them all!!! If your looking to make money, this is a great way to do it!

3. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Oh and once September hits, anything Christmas themed is fair game! At least in the crafter world. You will have fun!
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    My DH is already bringing home Christmas stuff so if HE is doing it, I am sure others are as well! I would have a whole range of Halloween-Fall-Christmas stuff.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    i was going to say.. Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff would be what I would suggest... that more than Halloween.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Not too early at all - besides, having some samples out will also give the opportunity to prompt some special orders (if you are open to them) in colors, etc that people might want that you don't have made up now, allowing a bit of time for completion.
  7. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    It's definitely not to early for Christmas stuff! I'd suggest that and Thanksgiving/fall more-so than a bunch of Halloween stuff.