Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Etsy Shop?

1. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries

Etsy Shop?

Advertisements
    I am currently working on opening my new shop for all the yarn and fiber for sale. Oh my gosh, please tell me this is not as overwhelming as it seems? Any tips, tricks, etc?
  2. Senior Member
    there's a lot to consider when you start, but once you get a system going and make big decisions, it is pretty easy. Decide on shipping methods, shipping materials, and price. Done. do it the same every time.

Do you have your "brand" or "image" decided on? Get a lot of things like labels made, or maybe an address stamp...this will help with the packaging. I decided I would wrap my items in cute tissue paper, put one of my label stickers on it, and put a card inside. I also put one on the outside of my package.

Decide on your product categories. I have make new types of things sometimes, but I think your product variety will be pretty narrow so that's easy. You need to decide your price point, and then go from there with any variations. Remember there are small fees when you sell stuff on etsy, like your listing fee, credit card fee, and etsy fee.... Take that into consideration when you make your prices.

Making your descriptions can be daunting but pretty much what I did was look around at what other people did to get some ideas, made one, and then used that as my template for everything-and just changed the major details.

any other questions? i think i saw you liked my shop so thanks for the support Also there's a lot of blog posts and reading material on etsy itself for questions too.
  3. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Caity! I have a lot to learn, and pricing is going to be hard, but I have pulled up a few of my friend's etsy shops to get some ideas on alpaca fiber. I just need to take the time and learn it I guess. And I don't wanna
  4. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Do you have suggestions for taking good pics of my stuff? I am planning on trying to upload a few today, but it's overcast outside today. Do I need to set up some kind of light box or something? Thanks
  5. Senior Member
    I take mine outside. They actually look better on an overcast day, just make sure you are outside in the light. A real sunny day will give you harsh shadows, and I've been guilty of taking my photos on bright days. I got a crate to use now to kind of place my items in, but I've also used painted boards as backgrounds and my wood deck table as the surface. Something with texture works well and not too busy of a background that will distract from the item