Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wreaths and their prices.

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hello Wreaths and their prices.

Advertisements
    Okay so I started making wreaths and have had a lot of people contacting me wanting to buy them.

Everyone knows craft supplies aren't cheap. So I am wanting on opinions of how much you would spend on a wreath that I make. Be honest. If you don't like them it won't hurt my feelings. I am just trying to find a reasonable price.

Here are some pictures of my wreaths i've made so far.

2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Personally for me, I know they cost a bit to make, and I love making them but don't have the time a lot. For one I really wanted I would pay $25-$35 for it. Depending of course of the materials it was made out of.
  3. Senior Member
    Those are actually really cute! I would expect to pay around like ~$30 but keep in mind I have no idea how much craft supplies cost. If I knew they cost more than that, I would be willing to pay more.

How much time is involved with making them? You could figure out like an hourly rate you'd be comfortable working and then divide/multiply that by how long they take to make, plus the cost of supplies.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I would spend $30 on those
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

So the 49ers one was BY FAR the longest and most expensive material wise. The gold burlap was $11 PER YARD. I didn't realize it cost that much until I got in the car and looked at my receipt. I about crapped myself lol. The red burlap I want to say was like $6 something a yard and I purchased two yards of each but only ended up needing like one yard for the gold. The wire wreath frames are like $5-$6 at Michaels. Granted keep in mind that things in alaska are a little bit more pricey here. The letters on the 49ers wreath I want to say the 4 and 9 were maybe like $3 each and the smaller ones maybe $1.50. I bought gold spray paint that was like $6. Plus several hours of work, hot glue and pipe cleaners.

The deco mesh one was probably my cheapest/fastest to make. Wire wreath frame again $5-$6. One roll of mesh was $9.99 and the other was I think like $7.99. $.79 each for those heart foam things and then the conversation hearts were like $1. Plus pipe cleaners, glue and then an hour and a half max of time.

The brown burlap one again was two yards of brown burlap for like $6 a yard. Wire frame $5-$6, those flowers were $5.99 each and the A was like $1.99. Glue and pipe cleaners and then probably like two hours of my time.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Kaepernick View Post
    So the 49ers one was BY FAR the longest and most expensive material wise. The gold burlap was $11 PER YARD. I didn't realize it cost that much until I got in the car and looked at my receipt. I about crapped myself lol. The red burlap I want to say was like $6 something a yard and I purchased two yards of each but only ended up needing like one yard for the gold. The wire wreath frames are like $5-$6 at Michaels. Granted keep in mind that things in alaska are a little bit more pricey here. The letters on the 49ers wreath I want to say the 4 and 9 were maybe like $3 each and the smaller ones maybe $1.50. I bought gold spray paint that was like $6. Plus several hours of work, hot glue and pipe cleaners.

The deco mesh one was probably my cheapest/fastest to make. Wire wreath frame again $5-$6. One roll of mesh was $9.99 and the other was I think like $7.99. $.79 each for those heart foam things and then the conversation hearts were like $1. Plus pipe cleaners, glue and then an hour and a half max of time.

The brown burlap one again was two yards of brown burlap for like $6 a yard. Wire frame $5-$6, those flowers were $5.99 each and the A was like $1.99. Glue and pipe cleaners and then probably like two hours of my time.
    I would figure out the material cost per wreath plus labor costs, and then just price them differently. I mean it makes sense if something uses more expensive materials and takes more time to produce, it will cost more to buy.
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I would figure out the material cost per wreath plus labor costs, and then just price them differently. I mean it makes sense if something uses more expensive materials and takes more time to produce, it will cost more to buy.

Also your middle one is my favorite! Too cute and great for any time of year!

I have 2 I have made and I want to make another this week before Mr. comes but our michaels doesn't carry the wire wreaths, no one does that I can find and it's making it very difficult for me to make what I want.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    What would you consider decent labor costs? Sorry so many questions I have just never really made and sold anything like this. I make and sell crochet hats but I don't price them for much since I typically make them for friends.
  9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Also does your Michael's not carry burlap rolls? Ours carries it by the roll not by the yard so it's a bit cheaper.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by just, Chaleigh View Post

Also your middle one is my favorite! Too cute and great for any time of year!

I have 2 I have made and I want to make another this week before Mr. comes but our michaels doesn't carry the wire wreaths, no one does that I can find and it's making it very difficult for me to make what I want.
    I have seen them at Walmart but they don't have the size I want and need.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast