Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Blankets?

  1. Regular Member
    BrittanyLynae's Avatar
    BrittanyLynae is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charleston AFB, SC
    Posts
    132
    #1

    Question Blankets?

    Advertisements
    So I was thinking about making blankets like the one I made DF.



    -suede on one side and a very soft wool like fabric (cant remember name atm) the blanket is 6' x 4' the fabric breathes so you're never sweating underneath it and very comfortable. Everyone says they like it because it keeps you at a comfortable warmth. Bad thing is if you wash it, it's better to let it air dry... -

    But maybe add a ribbon on edges (black or a color) and Have one for each military branch. But not sure if I want to do that. Otherwise I could go back to making purses but seems more people do that... idk just looking for something else to do ^.^

    any opinions?
  2. Banned
    Jenn026's Avatar
    Jenn026 is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seymour Johnson AFB
    Posts
    3,258
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyLynae View Post
    So I was thinking about making blankets like the one I made DF.



    -suede on one side and a very soft wool like fabric (cant remember name atm) the blanket is 6' x 4' the fabric breathes so you're never sweating underneath it and very comfortable. Everyone says they like it because it keeps you at a comfortable warmth. Bad thing is if you wash it, it's better to let it air dry... -

    But maybe add a ribbon on edges (black or a color) and Have one for each military branch. But not sure if I want to do that. Otherwise I could go back to making purses but seems more people do that... idk just looking for something else to do ^.^

    any opinions?
    I REALLY love it. Would you do it without any military logos? Do you have other colors you can use?
  3. (:
    xoAJ's Avatar
    xoAJ is offline
    (:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell
    Posts
    347
    #3
    I agree, I really love it too. I'm a sucker for blankets!
  4. Regular Member
    BrittanyLynae's Avatar
    BrittanyLynae is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charleston AFB, SC
    Posts
    132
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn026 View Post
    I REALLY love it. Would you do it without any military logos? Do you have other colors you can use?
    I can do many different colors. The cheapest colors are the suede shown, a light pink, and a dark brown. There are other colors available that I'd have to get from a different store for a little bit more but they have blue, red, green, tons of different colors. and I could do it without a military logo.

    doesnt take long to make it either...

    this is by far my favorite blanket of all time! lol I'm always stealing it from DF
  5. Crafting away...
    StampinGal's Avatar
    StampinGal is offline
    Crafting away...
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Lewis, Washington
    Posts
    3,730
    #5
    It looks super comfy
  6. Senior Member
    airmans_angel's Avatar
    airmans_angel is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    932
    #6
    how much would you be charging for a blanket?
  7. Regular Member
    BrittanyLynae's Avatar
    BrittanyLynae is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charleston AFB, SC
    Posts
    132
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by airmans_angel View Post
    how much would you be charging for a blanket?
    depending on extras, like ribbon down two sides and if there is a logo or not.

    I'd probably do a plain one for: $30
    W/ logo - $35
    w/ ribbon - $35
    Both - $40

    Plus and Shipping and handling charges. Really isnt bad, just covering supply costs really...

    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.wachtman View Post
    It looks super comfy
    It really is... I should have made DF bring it over before he left for Vegas this week.
  8. Senior Member
    airmans_angel's Avatar
    airmans_angel is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    932
    #8
    hmm i must talk to the hubby about getting one.... sucker for blankets, i have so many of them!!! and im thinking maybe a smaller one for the baby... (if you can do that)
  9. Regular Member
    BrittanyLynae's Avatar
    BrittanyLynae is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charleston AFB, SC
    Posts
    132
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by airmans_angel View Post
    hmm i must talk to the hubby about getting one.... sucker for blankets, i have so many of them!!! and im thinking maybe a smaller one for the baby... (if you can do that)
    I can do smaller ones. I love making lap size ones that are perfect size for kids. My little sisters always are using the lap quilts and blankets i've made. ^.^ my 1 year old sister LOVES her blanket...

    smaller blankets price just half of larger blanket.
  10. Senior Member
    airmans_angel's Avatar
    airmans_angel is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    932
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyLynae View Post
    I can do smaller ones. I love making lap size ones that are perfect size for kids. My little sisters always are using the lap quilts and blankets i've made. ^.^ my 1 year old sister LOVES her blanket...

    smaller blankets price just half of larger blanket.
    I will talk to the hubby and see what he says

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •