Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Customized sports fan clothes and care packages

1. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat

Customized sports fan clothes and care packages

Advertisements
    When I was in college I hated the fact that there wasn't a lot of variety and nothing ever fit me like I wanted it to. So I made my own clothes to wear on game day! I took a pair of old pants that still fit but I didn't really wear anymore and I painted them!

The Front

Close-up - I didn't use any stencils. I just look and draw/paint

The Back

My pants have gone through the wash about 20 times, at least. I have spilled everything from beer to nacho cheese on them. I use fabric paint and I put about 10 coats on so it doesn't come off or fade.

I can paint in any colors you would want (within limits of fabric paint colors). I can also paint in any type of lettering, as long as you send me what you want written in a sample of that lettering. I can also do logos and pictures. I can basically put whatever you want on a pair of your pants, making your gear unique to anyone else's. Just send me the pair of pants and I would paint them for you.

I would do a pair of pants for $30 (including shipping) or shirts for $20. This includes the cost of the paint, brushes, and other supplies. I could also do jackets, sweat pants, hats, underwear, etc. You provide the article of clothing and I will paint whatever it is you want me to I do best with sports teams and logos (they are easy to paint) but if you would like something else you can ask and I'll see what I can do It would help if you could provide pictures because my best work comes from when I have something to look at

So....would anyone be interested??

Here are some care packages that I have painted for my hubby and a friend's hubby. More examples of what I can do

Last edited by Experiment 626; 10-11-2009 at 10:22 AM.
  2. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
  3. Banned
    Banned
    There are entire lines of women's team fan gear out there now. In fact, the MLB line was "designed" by Alyssa Milano, who is famous for boinking about half of the pitchers in the major leagues. . .

The NFL considers female fans their fastest growing demographic, and even the NCAA is getting on board with lots of "women's fit" gear
  4. Senior Member
    yes. i would totally do this. i just have to get a pair of pants that actually fit and a tshirt from michaels and id be down
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    That looks awesome. You do a great job!
  6. Senior Member
    Wow! You did this all freehand? You're so awesome!! If I can ever commit to a team and to a pair of jeans that fit me like a dream then yes, I'd definitely have you paint for me.
  7. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Quote Originally Posted by clsmarathon View Post
    There are entire lines of women's team fan gear out there now. In fact, the MLB line was "designed" by Alyssa Milano, who is famous for boinking about half of the pitchers in the major leagues. . .

The NFL considers female fans their fastest growing demographic, and even the NCAA is getting on board with lots of "women's fit" gear
    and that I totally understand. However, there are three advantages to what I could do:

1) ordering something from those sites online or getting it in a store doesn't guarantee that it will fit the way a person individually wants it to. It will fit a majority of women in "general" but that's just what their gear is, general. I felt like when I went looking for my fan gear it was never exactly how I wanted it to fit so I would "settle" for what they had. This way, it's their own clothes that they know fit them the way they like it to. No question about it.

2) Anyone can buy those clothes. When you go to a game, it's pretty much a guarantee that you will see 10 other people wearing the exact same shirt as you. With what I do, every piece is unique because it's specified to the person who wants it. It's hand painted and designed by the customer, not the company. And again, there would be no settling because it would be exactly what they want and how they want it. Heck, I can even do wingdings lettering

3) I can do college and highschool teams as well. With specified sports (softball, soccer, wrestling, gymnastics) and colors and sayings. Talk about a limited variety for those clothes. My highschool had about 4 different shirts you could buy, and they were not gender specific.
  8. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStang808 View Post
    Wow! You did this all freehand? You're so awesome!! If I can ever commit to a team and to a pair of jeans that fit me like a dream then yes, I'd definitely have you paint for me.
    all free-hand I did print out a picture of the ram logo to look at, but I drew and painted it on myself
  9. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
  10. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast