Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need Exposure?

1. Navy wife new to Military SOS
    Navy wife new to Military SOS

Hello Need Exposure?

Advertisements
    Hey ladies! I'm a Navy wife & mommy of 2 (soon to be 3). I run a site alongside my mother called The Frugalicious Mommy. We love to post money saving ideas, reviews, store deals, & much more! We are always on the lookout for cool new products to help other women & moms out. If you are looking to get more exposure of your products, we would love to do a review &/or giveaway with you (Etsy shops included!) Feel free to email me at virginia@frugaliciousmommy.com or send me a message via MSOS.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vholley View Post
    Hey ladies! I'm a Navy wife & mommy of 2 (soon to be 3). I run a site alongside my mother called The Frugalicious Mommy. We love to post money saving ideas, reviews, store deals, & much more! We are always on the lookout for cool new products to help other women & moms out. If you are looking to get more exposure of your products, we would love to do a review &/or giveaway with you (Etsy shops included!) Feel free to email me at virginia@frugaliciousmommy.com or send me a message via MSOS.
    Seriously? Is this SPAM?

If this is a commercial venture, and I'm pretty sure it is, then you won't get any business from me unless and until you fork out the nominal amount required to be a Jewel on this site. It's pretty darn presumptuous of you to use this site for free advertising. Surely you don't think we're that stupid.
  3. Navy wife new to Military SOS
    Whoa...calm down. No where did I say you had to contact me or visit my site! I was just suggesting it to others...whether they would like to read reviews, needed recipes, or want to check out the latest store deals. So yeah it's up to you whether you want to visit or not.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vholley View Post
    Whoa...calm down. No where did I say you had to contact me or visit my site! I was just suggesting it to others...whether they would like to read reviews, needed recipes, or want to check out the latest store deals. So yeah it's up to you whether you want to visit or not.
    I'm still not seeing a Jewel membership thing under you name.

Whatever.
  5. Member
    pretty harsh, don't ya think? She's got good traffic to her site, and some good deals there, I don't see what she's doing that is so wrong?
  6. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    "h. You agree not to use the MilitarySOS Forum to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors, which includes direct posts, as well as, active links to other sites on the Internet, without permission from the MilitarySOS Administrator. All such requests for permission should be directed through the Administrative forum. You may, however, include URLs or active links to commercial sites, reasonable in number, only for the sole purpose of expanding on comments or providing additional information as part of regular forum interactions."

From TOS http://www.militarysos.com/index.php...termsofservice
  7. Member
    i dont see a commercial venture there....just sayin...
  8. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    JennB, technically the link in your siggy line is also against TOS.

And again, You agree not to use the MilitarySOS Forum to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors, which includes direct posts, as well as, active links to other sites on the Internet, without permission from the MilitarySOS Administrator.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JennB View Post
    i dont see a commercial venture there....just sayin...
    Actually, it is. Most sites that serve a purpose aside from charitable or personal family webpages are commercial ventures, due to the income generated via ads and other promotional means. If you're making money off of your site, in any shape or form, it's considered commercial.

I don't think she did anything 'wrong,' because she was respectful and non-spammish with her post (and the site looks pretty cool and beneficial). It IS still a clever advertisement though, and more visitors for her = more money generated.

OP, at this point in time, you are not required to be a Jewel to post your site. It is heavily frowned upon by some members when someone who isn't a Jewel (and especially appears to be using the site mostly for promotional purposes) posts advertisements in hopes to gain traffic/money from here. Just letting you know. http://www.militarysos.com/forum/payments.php
  10. Navy wife new to Military SOS
    Haha what money? The only thing that can really be calculated are the products we receive to review. Sometimes we don't even receive a product & we simply do a giveaway with the company...which benefits us in readers/followers but in no way financially. We created our site to help other people out specifically women & moms.

Well I simply suggested my site since their are many women who make homemade items & etc - I was just trying to offer help. Wasn't trying to start a debate or arguments. Hope everyone had a great weekend.