Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homemade Jewerly

1. Texas Born & Rasied
    Texas Born & Rasied

Homemade Jewerly

Advertisements
    Hey Ladies-

I finally found a hobby to keep me busy during this deployment.

Looking to get some answers, anything will help.

How many ladies would like homemade jewerly. If i choose to start this, it would be custom made and hand crafted. Just not sure if i want to start selling them. They were pricey to make.

I have include 2 pics of some stuff i have made...

2. A Beautiful Mistake
    A Beautiful Mistake
    Oh I love them! Espeically the second one
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If you do decide to start selling stuff, keep an eye out for sales coupons to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joann's, etc.

Sometimes they have really good sales on their jewelry supplies. I buy TONS of shit there
  4. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    very pretty
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  5. Do NOT follow me... I walk into WALLS.
    Do NOT follow me... I walk into WALLS.
    I love them! Specially the red and black.

I make jewelry too, it's my hobby that, "keeps me busy and going". Usually pricing wise, I go off the price of the beads and how long it took me to make something. Usually the price of beads is the top factor. I just started selling my own through Madeitmyself.com (They don't charge you anything to list.)

Also, you might like this site, www.craftster.org. It's a crafting forum but has a really good community of jewelry crafters who post their projects and basically keep each other motivated. Some of the stuff you'll find there is jaw dropping.

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat, I've always got jewelry on the brain.

Proud Wifey to OliveJuice, Aura612 & Battle Buddy to JessicaRocca
  6. Texas Born & Rasied
    Texas Born & Rasied
    There is a store i found. Great Stuff!!

How much would someone pay for #1 or # 2?

I would only want to do paypal...

Thanks Again, Let me know...

The blue one was for my mom for mothers day.
    Last edited by armywifey_tx; 04-30-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: changes
  7. Do NOT follow me... I walk into WALLS.
    Quote Originally Posted by armywifey_tx View Post
    There is a store i found. Great Stuff!!

How much would someone pay for #1 or # 2?

I would only want to do paypal...

Thanks Again, Let me know...

The blue one was for my mom for mothers day.
    If it were me, between $12 and $15 for each of them. Maybe a bit more. If you think about it, next time you walk into a store swing by their jewelry section and see what they are charging. Also look at stuff and think "Can I make that myself for cheaper and sell it for a better price?" If so, you've got a good price there.

As an example: I made a 22 inch daisy chain necklace once. It took me.. 12-15 HOURS to do it. It was my first one however and now I'm a bit faster. Well I was in Kohls not to long ago and noticed they had daisy chains for sale. They wanted $18.00 for a double stranded 22" set.

Since I can make them faster now, it'd be worth it to sell something like that for $15.00. (Also, I'd only even mark it at 15 because the hours it took to make. You really have to factor in your time.)

8. Texas Born & Rasied
    Texas Born & Rasied
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberLu View Post
    If it were me, between $12 and $15 for each of them. Maybe a bit more. If you think about it, next time you walk into a store swing by their jewelry section and see what they are charging. Also look at stuff and think "Can I make that myself for cheaper and sell it for a better price?" If so, you've got a good price there.

As an example: I made a 22 inch daisy chain necklace once. It took me.. 12-15 HOURS to do it. It was my first one however and now I'm a bit faster. Well I was in Kohls not to long ago and noticed they had daisy chains for sale. They wanted $18.00 for a double stranded 22" set.

Since I can make them faster now, it'd be worth it to sell something like that for $15.00. (Also, I'd only even mark it at 15 because the hours it took to make. You really have to factor in your time.)
    Really? Maybe i dont want to sell...the beads were special and over 30$$ in beads in each.
    Last edited by armywifey_tx; 04-30-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: spelling # 2
  9. Do NOT follow me... I walk into WALLS.
    Quote Originally Posted by armywifey_tx View Post
    Really? Maybe i dont want to sell...the beads were special and over 30$$ in beads in each.
    Like I said, you have to factor in EVERYTHING. Also, when you sell, explain WHY they cost that much. I know for me, when I buy glass beads which.. cost about $7.00 a strip (a strip being maybe 10 beads) and that's on sale.. I charge a LOT more for that sort of thing. I have a $20.00 necklace listed up on the site for that very reason. The beads and charm are all solid glass.. and I know it cost me more then $20.00 to make it.

At the same time, I can go to the store and buy $45 worth of beads and get 20 necklace/bracelet sets out of that. All depends on the beads, when you find them on sale, where your shopping for them... etc. LittleMsSunshine named some of the best places to shop for them. Two of those places are top of my list. I'm in LOVE with Hobby Lobby because their jewelry sales go every other week. One week it's on all the findings, clasps, crimp beads, charms.. anything that's silver or metal. The next week it's on their beads. You can ALWAYS find their 40% off coupon on their website too. You'll also find that the "bead stores" that sell in only beads, are usually a LOT more expensive. Best advice.. look for deals.

10. Texas Born & Rasied
    Texas Born & Rasied
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberLu View Post
    Like I said, you have to factor in EVERYTHING. Also, when you sell, explain WHY they cost that much. I know for me, when I buy glass beads which.. cost about $7.00 a strip (a strip being maybe 10 beads) and that's on sale.. I charge a LOT more for that sort of thing. I have a $20.00 necklace listed up on the site for that very reason. The beads and charm are all solid glass.. and I know it cost me more then $20.00 to make it.

At the same time, I can go to the store and buy $45 worth of beads and get 20 necklace/bracelet sets out of that. All depends on the beads, when you find them on sale, where your shopping for them... etc. LittleMsSunshine named some of the best places to shop for them. Two of those places are top of my list. I'm in LOVE with Hobby Lobby because their jewelry sales go every other week. One week it's on all the findings, clasps, crimp beads, charms.. anything that's silver or metal. The next week it's on their beads. You can ALWAYS find their 40% off coupon on their website too. You'll also find that the "bead stores" that sell in only beads, are usually a LOT more expensive. Best advice.. look for deals.

for all your good advice...I really love the site, all you girls are great!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast