Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where are all my

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Where are all my

Advertisements
    Avid hikers/campers/backpackers/outdoorsy ladies?

In the last couple years hiking has become a major part of my life. It's so freeing and enjoyable. I'm completely obsessed and go at least once per set I'm off work. I seriously cannot wait to move stateside to be able to access more amazing places. DH and I are currently discussing a backpacking trip through Europe next year instead of a wedding.

Anyone else share the same passion?
  2. Senior Member
    I don't really fit into this category because I fucking hate being outdoors in Florida but I cannot waaaait to move away and be outside basically always. I always thought I hated being outside, it turns out I just hate Florida. I think we're moving to Idaho and I cannot wait.
  3. Senior Member
    I hate hiking.

JUST KIDDING!
    I love to hike. We used to drive up to the mountains all the time and go on 8+ hr hikes to the top. Living in NC is killing me right now because it's so fucking flat and the closest mountains are over 6 hours away in the West side of the state.

I'm still getting my outdoor fix with sports, the boat, and bike riding.

4. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I hate hiking.

JUST KIDDING!
    I love to hike. We used to drive up to the mountains all the time and go on 8+ hr hikes to the top. Living in NC is killing me right now because it's so fucking flat and the closest mountains are over 6 hours away in the West side of the state.

I was wondering if you would show up!

Thread relevant, yes, it's my thing. I don't get to go as often or as far as I would like (young kids kind of limits the range!) but I love it.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  5. Senior Member
    Meeee. DH doesn't like hiking too much, but he loves camping and fishing, so as long as I incorporate something like that he's happy.
  6. Moderator

We aren't huge hikers, but massive kayakers...does that count? We go at least once a week, working around DH's recruiting schedule.

We actually just got home from kayaking
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    We aren't huge hikers, but massive kayakers...does that count? We go at least once a week, working around DH's recruiting schedule.

We actually just got home from kayaking
    I love kayaking! I went for the first time a couple months ago and had such a great time! Something to definitely invest in when we live near a lake, because the ocean waves were rough. Did y'all have a good time?

Is anyone a complete gear head like I am? Since I'm near an REI I've gone three times this trip I also got fitted for a larger pack and will be purchasing the Osprey Kyte 46 in august for their pre Labor Day sale. I'm soooo excited! This will be my fourth hiking bag lol
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't really fit into this category because I fucking hate being outdoors in Florida but I cannot waaaait to move away and be outside basically always. I always thought I hated being outside, it turns out I just hate Florida. I think we're moving to Idaho and I cannot wait.
    I was just talking with my coworkers about how beautiful Idaho is and how much it has to offer. You're going to have an incredible time there!

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I hate hiking.

JUST KIDDING!

I just wanna be your best friend!

My SIL did the NC section of the Appalachian Trail and is going to Colorado to backpack for like 2 months. I feel your pain though. Oahu has hiking but it's almost all the same. I need something different! Like mountains! Have you done any backpacking out that way since it's such a distance to get to the mountains?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    Meeee. DH doesn't like hiking too much, but he loves camping and fishing, so as long as I incorporate something like that he's happy.
    I haven't been fishing since I was young! Y'all go often don't you?
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I love kayaking! I went for the first time a couple months ago and had such a great time! Something to definitely invest in when we live near a lake, because the ocean waves were rough. Did y'all have a good time?

Is anyone a complete gear head like I am? Since I'm near an REI I've gone three times this trip I also got fitted for a larger pack and will be purchasing the Osprey Kyte 46 in august for their pre Labor Day sale. I'm soooo excited! This will be my fourth hiking bag lol
    I did ocean kayaking once getting past those waves was tougher than it looks. I love kayaking though. My friend just bought a $2,500 kayak for her husband and a $1,500 one for herself ON SALE I'm trying to convince her to take me out on them.

I love REI and I always get my hiking boots from them. DH has an Osprey bag since he works on Ospreys (he's a nerd). I have a few Camelbacs

10. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.

Utah has the best hiking!

life's a party, rock your body
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast