Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Where are all my

  1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Carolina's Avatar
    Carolina is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,641


    #1

    Where are all my

    Advertisements
    Avid hikers/campers/backpackers/outdoorsy ladies?

    In the last couple years hiking has become a major part of my life. It's so freeing and enjoyable. I'm completely obsessed and go at least once per set I'm off work. I seriously cannot wait to move stateside to be able to access more amazing places. DH and I are currently discussing a backpacking trip through Europe next year instead of a wedding.


    Anyone else share the same passion?
  2. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #2
    I don't really fit into this category because I fucking hate being outdoors in Florida but I cannot waaaait to move away and be outside basically always. I always thought I hated being outside, it turns out I just hate Florida. I think we're moving to Idaho and I cannot wait.
  3. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,783
    #3
    I hate hiking.




    JUST KIDDING!
    I love to hike. We used to drive up to the mountains all the time and go on 8+ hr hikes to the top. Living in NC is killing me right now because it's so fucking flat and the closest mountains are over 6 hours away in the West side of the state.

    I'm still getting my outdoor fix with sports, the boat, and bike riding.




  4. "...now do Classical Gas"
    Matchbox's Avatar
    Matchbox is offline
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,257
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I hate hiking.




    JUST KIDDING!
    I love to hike. We used to drive up to the mountains all the time and go on 8+ hr hikes to the top. Living in NC is killing me right now because it's so fucking flat and the closest mountains are over 6 hours away in the West side of the state.

    I'm still getting my outdoor fix with sports, the boat, and bike riding.
    I was wondering if you would show up!


    Thread relevant, yes, it's my thing. I don't get to go as often or as far as I would like (young kids kind of limits the range!) but I love it.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  5. Senior Member
    Sabrina22LE's Avatar
    Sabrina22LE is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,394
    #5
    Meeee. DH doesn't like hiking too much, but he loves camping and fishing, so as long as I incorporate something like that he's happy.
  6. Moderator
    twistertwin's Avatar
    twistertwin is offline
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valdosta, GA
    Posts
    8,573


    #6
    We aren't huge hikers, but massive kayakers...does that count? We go at least once a week, working around DH's recruiting schedule.

    We actually just got home from kayaking
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Carolina's Avatar
    Carolina is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,641


    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    We aren't huge hikers, but massive kayakers...does that count? We go at least once a week, working around DH's recruiting schedule.

    We actually just got home from kayaking
    I love kayaking! I went for the first time a couple months ago and had such a great time! Something to definitely invest in when we live near a lake, because the ocean waves were rough. Did y'all have a good time?

    Is anyone a complete gear head like I am? Since I'm near an REI I've gone three times this trip I also got fitted for a larger pack and will be purchasing the Osprey Kyte 46 in august for their pre Labor Day sale. I'm soooo excited! This will be my fourth hiking bag lol
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Carolina's Avatar
    Carolina is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,641


    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't really fit into this category because I fucking hate being outdoors in Florida but I cannot waaaait to move away and be outside basically always. I always thought I hated being outside, it turns out I just hate Florida. I think we're moving to Idaho and I cannot wait.
    I was just talking with my coworkers about how beautiful Idaho is and how much it has to offer. You're going to have an incredible time there!

    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I hate hiking.




    JUST KIDDING!
    I love to hike. We used to drive up to the mountains all the time and go on 8+ hr hikes to the top. Living in NC is killing me right now because it's so fucking flat and the closest mountains are over 6 hours away in the West side of the state.

    I'm still getting my outdoor fix with sports, the boat, and bike riding.
    I just wanna be your best friend!

    My SIL did the NC section of the Appalachian Trail and is going to Colorado to backpack for like 2 months. I feel your pain though. Oahu has hiking but it's almost all the same. I need something different! Like mountains! Have you done any backpacking out that way since it's such a distance to get to the mountains?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    Meeee. DH doesn't like hiking too much, but he loves camping and fishing, so as long as I incorporate something like that he's happy.
    I haven't been fishing since I was young! Y'all go often don't you?
  9. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,783
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I love kayaking! I went for the first time a couple months ago and had such a great time! Something to definitely invest in when we live near a lake, because the ocean waves were rough. Did y'all have a good time?

    Is anyone a complete gear head like I am? Since I'm near an REI I've gone three times this trip I also got fitted for a larger pack and will be purchasing the Osprey Kyte 46 in august for their pre Labor Day sale. I'm soooo excited! This will be my fourth hiking bag lol
    I did ocean kayaking once getting past those waves was tougher than it looks. I love kayaking though. My friend just bought a $2,500 kayak for her husband and a $1,500 one for herself ON SALE I'm trying to convince her to take me out on them.

    I love REI and I always get my hiking boots from them. DH has an Osprey bag since he works on Ospreys (he's a nerd). I have a few Camelbacs




  10. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    rayfinkle's Avatar
    rayfinkle is offline
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18,514
    #10


    Utah has the best hiking!


    life's a party, rock your body
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •