Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday Ornament Exchange! Update POST #34 - Please read!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Jump for Joy Holiday Ornament Exchange! Update POST #34 - Please read!

Advertisements
    What is an Ornament Exchange?

You are assigned to a person who will not know who you are. (It's a sercret )
    You pick out a Christmas/Holiday Ornament and mail it to them, before the mailing deadline date.
    You reveal who you are with the ornament you send (you can put a little note, card, or something with it).

Someone else is assigned to you & will send you a Christmas/Holiday Ornament.

**There is a minimum post count requirement to participate. You will need to have at least 500 posts & have been a member here for at least 6 months, by the sign up deadline Sunday, 3 November 2013 at 23:59 EST AND have posted 25 times PER MONTH during the last six months (May-October). I know some will think the post count/time requirement is unfair. I am sorry about that, but it's just something we need to do.**

The deadline for signing up to participate will be Sunday, 3 November 2013 at 23:59 EST.. You will be sent the name & address of your person a few days to a week after the deadline. That will give you about a month to get an ornament & have it mailed out by the mailing deadline.

The deadline for mailing the ornament will be Saturday December 7th. It is very important to mail the ornament on or before the deadline date. We want to make sure everyone receives their ornament and has time to enjoy it this holiday season.

Rules:

1. Only sign up for the Ornament Exchange if you truly intend to follow through. If you sign up and for some reason are not able to follow through, Please let me know ASAP. Keep in mind that if you sign up and don't follow through, you may not be allowed to participate in things like this in the future.

2. You will need to be able to get an ornament, pay for the postage, & get it mailed out on or before the deadline date. I can not stress enough how important it is to mail it out on or before the deadline date!!

3. The deadline date for mailing the ornament will be Saturday, December 7th. It is important to have it mailed on or before this date so that the person receiving the ornament will actually have it to use for this Christmas.

4. Please make sure that you acknowledge the person that sent you an ornament. It's really important! If you can, please post a pic of the ornament you receive. I'm sure we would all love to see the different ornaments. That is a really fun part of the exchange too!

Price Limit:

The price limit will be $10.00. Please try to spend as close to that as possible. If you want to spend more that is completely up to you, but keep in mind that who ever is sending you an ornament may only be able to spend the $10.00 on your ornament. The $10.00 limit does NOT include shipping, so that will be extra. Shipping will probably cost around 5 bucks or so depending on how heavy your ornament is and which method you are using to send it.

If you would like to participate, please make sure you have read the rules and that you can actually follow through with your part of the exchange.

*** Pm me your name & address. ***

If you would like you can fill out this short questionaire to help your Ornament pal know what kinds of things you like.

0. don't forget to send me your name & address (look above)

1. Do you have a favorite Christmas/Holiday theme for your home (reindeer, snowflakes, snowmen, nativity, etc):

2. Do you have a favorite Christmas theme for your tree?

3. A favorite color?

4. Anything we should know about what special kinds of things you collect?

5. Anything else you would like them to know?

Participants: If you don't see your name here 24 hours after sending a PM, please send another one

Participants so far:

*Blondie*
    HisJuliet
    amandalouwho2
    hockeyprincess13
    rocket_lizz
    *Meg*
    Jen♥
    Cinderelly
    mrsjennyy
    Chels<3
    *Bazinga*
    Kirst
    *Stephanie*
    Serenity
    fallinstar
    Frankystein.
    katiebee
    Last edited by Crystal; 11-10-2015 at 03:06 PM.
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I can't do it this year because of the house situation and not knowing what's going to be going on around that time I did it a few years back and it was really neat!!

3. Senior Member
    I love doing these!!
  4. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    LOVED my ornament last year, super excited to do it again!
  5. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    I love mine from last year, can't wait to participate this year!
  6. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

can't wait!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

7. Senior Member
    I would love to participate again this year but I'm not sure if I have posted that much over the last 6 months. Kind of stinks, I have done it the last 3 years.
  8. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I didn't have enough months last year but I would love to participate this year!!!

9. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I'm going to do it this year! Didn't last year because I was in the middle of moving to CA and I didn't want to lose the ornament
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I do have a list started if you've PMed me, please don't be alarmed that I haven't updated the OP with names yet. I will finish some details and start adding names soon!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast