Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's quiet

1. Senior Member

It's quiet

Advertisements
    I don't come on here that much anymore. But lately when I have, it's been very quiet.

How is everyone?! What's new?!

The husband is deployed. I'm enrolling in school again. I have a cold and an ear infection. Lizards and toads are overtaking my house. My dad and step mom are visiting for Thanksgiving. I'm only excited for that cause they're gonna help me move my living room around so that I can use my fire place. It is freaking cold! I want a nice warm fire. Oh, and I get my other vehicle back that they borrowed. I'm tired of driving a manual in a city. And I'd like my heated seats back for the winter. I'm getting a lizard. Haven't decided what kind though.

Anyway. Tell me how things are with you!
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Life is slowly getting quiet at my house. ODS is married off. MDS is on his own and welding for a living. DD is in the USAF. YDS is a junior in high school. We are back in FL (4 years and counting after 6 years in NM). DH might retire in four years?
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Holy crap, this place is a blast from the past! I’m not even sure what was going on with me the last time I posted. Adam and I celebrate 18 years of marriage next April, our marriage will officially be grown up. Lol. We live in Arizona, I’m a stay-at-home virtual schooling parent, he is a senior software developer. Nikaia is 8 now, in third grade, and obsessed with Pokémon and Minecraft. Kalista is 7, in second grade, and a little artist. Sullivan & Líadan are 5, in kindergarten, and are completely inseparable even though they annoy the crap out of each other half the time. We still have our cat, Seven, she is an old lady now. Plus we have three other cats. Um, I think that’s about it! Here’s my super nerds!

16D1D8DD-2AC7-4028-9555-1E97D1A55331.jpg
    Last edited by Twinderella; 11-14-2019 at 05:24 PM.
  4. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Ugh, ear infections. You have my sympathy.

We’re in the middle of a cross country move, with all that entails. We haven’t moved in a few years, so my kids (most of whom are not old enough to remember the last one clearly) are running around obsessing about it like I’ve set them on fire. Mostly they’re pleased (so far) but the obsessing never stops. We still haven’t heard back from the movers about the uplift date. it would be good if someone at Toll could get on to that!

I never realised how much stuff we’d accumulated until I starting thinking about how to get rid of some of it. Our local Vinnies is about to be very, very lucky.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I've been married 3 years now, moved to Florida 3 years ago and it looks like we'll be here for 3 more. We have an almost 2 year old little girl named Madison and are currently trying for number 2!! We've been through one deployment and we're gearing up for number 2 in the next couple of months.

I miss this place being active so bad!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm married, I'm having a baby (if we're friends on FB shhhhh we arent announcing until Thanksgiving) I'm about 12 weeks, things look good. I had a miscarriage back in April, so I basically refused to believe things were real this time until I had an ultrasound at 11+4 and saw baby moving around looking like a baby and whatnot, now I'm really excited

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  7. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by JennyJennJenn View Post
    I'm married, I'm having a baby (if we're friends on FB shhhhh we arent announcing until Thanksgiving) I'm about 12 weeks, things look good. I had a miscarriage back in April, so I basically refused to believe things were real this time until I had an ultrasound at 11+4 and saw baby moving around looking like a baby and whatnot, now I'm really excited

Congratulations!!!

Does anyone else still want type : freakout and stuff on Facebook posts all these years later?

I've been with my SO since 2012. Once engaged but that went away because of issues. ODS is 15 and has his driver temps. I had posted an intro thread for my middle son... He's 5 now. And I have a 3 yo daughter now. We moved to Ohio in 2017 (back home for me). I feel like most people who are on here that remmeber me know all this from Facebook, but oh well. Over the years, I have noticed some names disappear from my friend list!

Oh and i absolutely love seeing this post
  8. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    You made it to twelve. That’s the hardest part done

Congratulations. Do you think this one will be boy, girl or dragon?
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by SugaInMyPockets View Post

Congratulations!!!

Does anyone else still want type : freakout and stuff on Facebook posts all these years later?

I've been with my SO since 2012. Once engaged but that went away because of issues. ODS is 15 and has his driver temps. I had posted an intro thread for my middle son... He's 5 now. And I have a 3 yo daughter now. We moved to Ohio in 2017 (back home for me). I feel like most people who are on here that remmeber me know all this from Facebook, but oh well. Over the years, I have noticed some names disappear from my friend list!

Oh and i absolutely love seeing this post
    Thank you!!!

And yes, I find myself typing way more often than I'd like to admit!!

How are everyone's kids getting so big! They were all sooo little, wasn't that just yesterday???

Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    You made it to twelve. That’s the hardest part done

Congratulations. Do you think this one will be boy, girl or dragon?
    Thanks! Yeah, I finally feel like I can breathe and celebrate a little now that I've hit 12 weeks! I had a bit of a scare at 6 weeks and ended up in the ER (on vacation 1200 miles from home of course!) And when they told me there was a heartbeat I almost jumped out of my skin, because in April I never got that far. The doctor explained that there was a heartbeat but that it's still a threatened miscarriage and all that, he gets done and I'm like, "wait, just to be clear, you said there was a heartbeat right?" And he said yes, and started explaining the threatened miscarriage again, and I was like no no no, I heard you, I understand, just wanted to clarify that first part .. yeahhh pretty sure he though I was crazy! Lol

I have no idea what I think baby will be, but I'm definitely hoping for a Dragon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  10. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Thank you!!!

And yes, I find myself typing way more often than I'd like to admit!!

How are everyone's kids getting so big! They were all sooo little, wasn't that just yesterday???

Thanks! Yeah, I finally feel like I can breathe and celebrate a little now that I've hit 12 weeks! I had a bit of a scare at 6 weeks and ended up in the ER (on vacation 1200 miles from home of course!) And when they told me there was a heartbeat I almost jumped out of my skin, because in April I never got that far. The doctor explained that there was a heartbeat but that it's still a threatened miscarriage and all that, he gets done and I'm like, "wait, just to be clear, you said there was a heartbeat right?" And he said yes, and started explaining the threatened miscarriage again, and I was like no no no, I heard you, I understand, just wanted to clarify that first part .. yeahhh pretty sure he though I was crazy! Lol

I have no idea what I think baby will be, but I'm definitely hoping for a Dragon!!!
    I can't believe you still have me in your siggy Jenny! And congrats on baby. I had a few scares with S and I know that 12 week mark is such a relief.

We're moving cross-country again and I am stressed out about it haha but other than that things are pretty good.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast