Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: It's quiet

1. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    I’m grateful to find this thread. I have a lot going on and no one to tell, except my best friend. DH and I have been married ten years. He’s on deployment and confessed to me two weeks ago that he has been living a lie. He is gay. So my world is upside down and we will be proceeding with our divorce when he returns. The kids know about the divorce. Anything else is his to tell. I don’t feel comfortable outing him until he is ready to do so himself.

That being said, the kids are well all things considered. My son is a sophomore at Texas A&M and kicking ass in the Corps. Middle daughter is a sophomore in high school and driving. The “baby” is almost 12. She plays volleyball and is singing in the Christmas musical at school!
    He has to live his truth, but God that’s brutal for you. I’m so sorry. If you ever need someone to talk to...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambzie View Post
    I wondered what happened, but didn't want to ask. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh makes me want to throat-punch him. You look AWESOME though and I'm SO proud of you for holding your head high and finding happiness. YOU GO GIRL.

As for me--I'm married for 4 years as of 10-10-19. We have a beautiful 3 year old named Livvy Kate and we are actively TTC #2!

OH AND!!!!!!!! I graduated college and I am now living my dream--I'm a teacher! I teach 3rd Grade ELA!
    If that’s her in your signature, she is an incredibly photogenic little human. Those curls!
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Bare with me I'm trying to catch up, and doing it on my phone was impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Now now, shouldn't you child be allowed to choose his own species, and identify as whatever species he/she/orc wants?
    Lol exactly they can be whoever they want to be, I'm hoping for a dragon or an elf!

Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    Oh wow! They're not so little anymore!

18 years?! Congratulations! Before you know it, all your little ones will be 18!

I haven't had an ear infection since I was a child. I used to get them several times a year. I'll never forget how painful they are. Thankfully this one was caught early, it was just starting, so I had only felt the pressure, the pain hadn't started yet.

I'm so excited for your move! I know it's gonna be a roller coaster, but it will all be worth it! I always think "we don't have a lot of stuff. It's just two of us. a bedroom and a living room." but when it's time to pack it all up, I really see how much stuff we have. Doesn't help that the husband has so many freaking tools. I swear he'd move our washer, dryer, and extra fridge out of the garage if he could to make room for more tools.

Light a fire under Tools butt! I'll do it for you!

I'm sending you all of the baby dust!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so exciting!

Haha, you said nostalgia, so I'm gonna assume that's a good thing.

I'm glad Asa is doing well! I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. It is interesting though, to see what little traces of family members your kids get.

Not sure I should have laughed at that as hard as I did
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    My exH left me in May for my exBFF of 22 years, divorce was final in Aug. I met a guy in June and he's amazing, I'm happier than I have been in a very long time and I'm getting my life back on track. exH took DSD away from me and it doesn't look like I will be able to have any sort of contact or custody of her until she turns 18, that's been really rough and I'm still trying to figure out how to get through it but I'm working it out day by day.

Over the last year or so I've lost 150lbs and feel a TON better but I still have a long way to go.
    I am so sorry, but I am SO happy for you! You look like you are SO much happier now! I love seeing your updates on fb! I was wondering what would happen with your step daughter, because i know you were very close, I'm so sorry that he's made that so difficult

I’m grateful to find this thread. I have a lot going on and no one to tell, except my best friend. DH and I have been married ten years. He’s on deployment and confessed to me two weeks ago that he has been living a lie. He is gay. So my world is upside down and we will be proceeding with our divorce when he returns. The kids know about the divorce. Anything else is his to tell. I don’t feel comfortable outing him until he is ready to do so himself.

That being said, the kids are well all things considered. My son is a sophomore at Texas A&M and kicking ass in the Corps. Middle daughter is a sophomore in high school and driving. The “baby” is almost 12. She plays volleyball and is singing in the Christmas musical at school!
    I'm so sorry. That is such a difficult situation, I don't have any experience with it, but if you ever need to chat, just send me a message on fb, I'm always around. I've been cheering your son on at Texas A&M since he started last year! So exciting! I can't believe your kids are so big!!

I wondered what happened, but didn't want to ask. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh makes me want to throat-punch him. You look AWESOME though and I'm SO proud of you for holding your head high and finding happiness. YOU GO GIRL.

As for me--I'm married for 4 years as of 10-10-19. We have a beautiful 3 year old named Livvy Kate and we are actively TTC #2!

OH AND!!!!!!!! I graduated college and I am now living my dream--I'm a teacher! I teach 3rd Grade ELA!
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    YES!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Geez... I'm not really sure the last time I posted on here....

I got a year of sobriety last March right after DH came home from deployment that was big.
    I am scheduled out through the spring getting my MDiv and I'll be 36 credit hours away from graduation!!!! I was also selected as a navy chaplain candidate, so THAT happened.... I don't think I posted that either.... So now I'm an ensign.... that's insane. I guess a lot has happened since I've been posting a bunch.
    Wow 1 year! That's great! You rock!!!! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Hi everyone!!!

Well Caspian will turn 3 in 10 days and Aria will turn 7 in Feb! I've been in the AF 17 yrs now and I'm counting down the days until retirement. We are heading back to Okinawa, Japan in Feb and the kids are crazy excited.

Caspian blows my mind how smart he is, his teachers at the CDC have been teaching him some words in Japanese already.

She's in the 1st grade now and 4ft 3in...

I ask myself every time I see pics of your kids how they've gotten so big so fast! Jeez!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  3. Senior Member

Oh gosh, I am so sorry That's a lot to process. I'm glad things are well otherwise! Sending you love and hugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    YES!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Geez... I'm not really sure the last time I posted on here....

I got a year of sobriety last March right after DH came home from deployment that was big.
    I am scheduled out through the spring getting my MDiv and I'll be 36 credit hours away from graduation!!!! I was also selected as a navy chaplain candidate, so THAT happened.... I don't think I posted that either.... So now I'm an ensign.... that's insane. I guess a lot has happened since I've been posting a bunch.
    Woot woot! That's awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Hi everyone!!!

Well Caspian will turn 3 in 10 days and Aria will turn 7 in Feb! I've been in the AF 17 yrs now and I'm counting down the days until retirement. We are heading back to Okinawa, Japan in Feb and the kids are crazy excited.

Caspian blows my mind how smart he is, his teachers at the CDC have been teaching him some words in Japanese already.

She's in the 1st grade now and 4ft 3in...
    Oh wow! They are so cute! Japan sounds exciting!
  4. Senior Member

Oh how exciting! Congratulations! I'm sending you all the baby dust!
  5. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    I've read all the updates and I suppose I should share mine too! DH is still in the guard, no deployments on the horizon for the foreseeable future, except he will be gone for a little over a month to finally do NCO school (finally have him scheduled...4 years after he became a NCO). DD is growing like a weed and is definitely in full threenager stage.

I'm still doing the lawyer thing and about to age out of being a "young" lawyer, which is terrifying. I'm also pregnant with #2 (if you have me on FB, don't say anything, I don't put my pregnancys on FB). Presently at 32 weeks and hoping this one goes to term unlike her sister!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisJuliet View Post
    I've read all the updates and I suppose I should share mine too! DH is still in the guard, no deployments on the horizon for the foreseeable future, except he will be gone for a little over a month to finally do NCO school (finally have him scheduled...4 years after he became a NCO). DD is growing like a weed and is definitely in full threenager stage.

I'm still doing the lawyer thing and about to age out of being a "young" lawyer, which is terrifying. I'm also pregnant with #2 (if you have me on FB, don't say anything, I don't put my pregnancys on FB). Presently at 32 weeks and hoping this one goes to term unlike her sister!
    Ohhh that's all very exciting! Is DD excited to have a little sister?!
  7. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    Ohhh that's all very exciting! Is DD excited to have a little sister?!
    Depends on the day She knew she was going to have a sister, because she didn't want a brother. Now suddenly she wants a brother (I think because all of the recent babies at her daycare have been boys).
  8. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Overall it has been a pleasant and uneventful year. Hit our 10 year wedding anniversary, still living in Colorado, the kids are halfway through 4th and 2nd grade. Hopefully 2020 is a great year.
    Last edited by germy; Yesterday at 02:08 PM.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisJuliet View Post
    Depends on the day She knew she was going to have a sister, because she didn't want a brother. Now suddenly she wants a brother (I think because all of the recent babies at her daycare have been boys).
    Oh gosh. Well, unfortunately we don't get to pick. I'm sure she'll be happy once her sister arrives!
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    Overall it has been a pleasant and uneventful year. Hit our 10 year wedding anniversary, still living in Colorado, the kids are halfway through 4th and 2nd grade. Hopefully 2020 is a great year.
    Sometimes we need uneventful! I'm glad things are going well for you.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234