Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: No goodbye

1. Regular Member

No goodbye

Advertisements
    My best friend deployed recently. I tried to see him before he left, but because he was busy and is stubborn as h*ll, I didn't get to see him. Or even talk to him. I've been feeling hurt ever since like it was something I did. But then I talked to his mom and he didn't see her before he left either.
    I've had a couple people tell me that maybe he couldn't bear to say goodbye to either of us. I'm not sure how I feel about that or if I believe it?
    It's been about 6 years since I've been through this (with someone else) so I don't really remember how it goes.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It goes that some people don't like saying good bye
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    you should probably talk to him about why he chose not to see you before he left.

4. Senior Member

Itís true some people are not good with goodbyes. Some people start to pull away before leaving thinking it may make it easier to do so. As for him maybe ask him in a kind way about it.