Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: College

1. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Hello College

Advertisements
    So, it has been quite some time since I have chatted with you lovely individuals on SOS.

Are any of you currently in school? If so, I would LOVE to hear all about it.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-15-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  2. Moderator

Hey- I am. I'm two weeks plus one fall course away from an Accounting degree. It's been almost entirely online- I have only taken two courses in person, and they were not in the major (I'm doing some cybersecurity courses as well). I love it SO much.
  3. Senior Member
    I am in school.... going for my MDiv.... may take longer than expected, but if I stick with the school I'm at it will be another 1.5 years
  4. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    Hey- I am. I'm two weeks plus one fall course away from an Accounting degree. It's been almost entirely online- I have only taken two courses in person, and they were not in the major (I'm doing some cybersecurity courses as well). I love it SO much.
    Oh, you are SO close!! I bet you are so excited. Any future job preferences (other than the obvious)?

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  5. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    I am in school.... going for my MDiv.... may take longer than expected, but if I stick with the school I'm at it will be another 1.5 years
    Longer than expected just means you are taking more time to absorb what you learn and leads you to where you are meant to be. The next year and a half with pass before you know it, and you'll have it behind you.

6. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Oh, you are SO close!! I bet you are so excited. Any future job preferences (other than the obvious)?
    I honestly don't have any intention of going to work right now. It's more of a "just in case" degree, and also we were soooooo poor for the last couple of years that he was in the military that I was able to go to school entirely free of charge, so now was the time. I particularly love the fraud/audit side of accounting, so I'll keep taking the secured accounting courses over time and someday I'll maybe look in that direction. We shall see!
  7. Regular Member
    I am getting ready to start my 3rd semester of grad school. Since I did a summer class I don't know if I should consider it my second year or not? lol
  8. Senior Member

My employer has sent me to school. Learning how to maintain light rail vehicles. Pretty sweet getting paid to go to class. I just finished Electrical Distribution for the Siemens S70.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siemens_S70
    I love what I do.