Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How Long-Married Military Couples Stay Together--article

1. Senior Member

How Long-Married Military Couples Stay Together--article

Advertisements
    I'm just going to throw this here for possible discussion. I know when we talk about age of marriage, it can get heated and cause those who married young to be defensive. That's definitely not the point of this though. It discusses common threads in couples with both long marriages and long time in the military.

https://www.military.com/spouse/rela...box=1559563036
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  2. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I'm just going to throw this here for possible discussion. I know when we talk about age of marriage, it can get heated and cause those who married young to be defensive. That's definitely not the point of this though. It discusses common threads in couples with both long marriages and long time in the military.

https://www.military.com/spouse/rela...box=1559563036
    Honestly, I think that is a great article full of information that has been validated in various studies. I agree with everything in the article - and then some. However, a lot of the same advice that applies to military relationships bleeds over into the norm. Yes, with military marriage we marry faster than we anticipated, however, we have the advantage of growing together and discovering a deeper context about one another that would otherwise be inapplicable.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18