Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A high school senior in your life wants to enlist...

1. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Advertisements
    I think it depends on the kid. I would be curious as to why they want to, and encourage them to think about all of their prospects. My oldest plans on joining when he turns 17 (less than a year away ) and I think it will be good for him. He is familiarized with what a military life entails and is passionate about it.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  2. Regular Member
    Tell him or her to make an informed choice. In the age of the Internet it's much easier.

edit to add- my personal view is skewed since I have so many friends and relatives who served. The armed services is not for everyone BUT diverse kinds of people can have rewarding careers in the armed services.

Also- because of Free Speech we the American public have an idea of what war entails. In my personal interactions with recruiters they have been forthright about the risks and possibilities/outcomes of serving.

I personally feel the military is not always the right choice for women BUT that is my view as a woman, myself. Times are changing though!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12