Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone okay?

1. Senior Member

Everyone okay?

Advertisements
    Anyone stationed at Tyndall or the surrounding areas? You guys okay?

We have close friends at Tyndall, but luckily their home was spared although they have no trees left on their property except for all of the ones that ended up in their pool.

I cannot imagine the feelings of those that lived on base.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. Senior Member
    I too have friends down there who I have not been able to contact. The photos are devastating. How were you able to contact them ? It seems cell service is mostly dead.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    I too have friends down there who I have not been able to contact. The photos are devastating. How were you able to contact them ? It seems cell service is mostly dead.
    Via Facebook and cell! They evacuated to Crestview, but since returning haven't had an issue with service. It might be specifically where they are located there though? Did your friends evacuate?

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. Senior Member
    They did evacuate ... I just heard from them after my previous post. I guess they are setting up some kind of temporary cell areas.
  5. Senior Member
    Also have friends at Eglin and I guess they were far enough west that it wasn't near as bad
  6. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    I just saw pictures...holy mother of God.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  7. Moderator

We're in GA, but it was just a very loud tropical storm by the time it hit us. My two littler boys were up all night from the noise, but if that's all it did to us I will take it. My church does traveling disaster relief/cleanup and we have 13,000 open service orders in SC/NC still from Florence that we're headed up to work on this weekend... I cannot fathom the numbers that will come in in the coming weeks. It's absolutely horrific.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Tyndall is completely destroyed. There was a notice that no homes/buildings are inhabitable...I feel awful for all my friends there. Chances are they won't even restore the base fully and will move the squadrons to another base and turn Tyndall into a reserve base like they did with Homestead.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    Tyndall is completely destroyed. There was a notice that no homes/buildings are inhabitable...I feel awful for all my friends there. Chances are they won't even restore the base fully and will move the squadrons to another base and turn Tyndall into a reserve base like they did with Homestead.
    Our friend is saying the same thing. I just can't even imagine not being able to go back to your home for anything for the foreseeable future.

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Our friend is saying the same thing. I just can't even imagine not being able to go back to your home for anything for the foreseeable future.
    We were told thats exactly what would have happened to Hickam had Hurricane Lane not turned last minute because it would have hit us dead on. Its awful to think about
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast