Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding dress donation

1. Senior Member

Wedding dress donation

Advertisements
    Have any of you donated a wedding dress to an organization? We are going to be moving soon, and it's time to let go of my dress. I'd prefer it if at all possible to get donated to someone who really needs it, but I'm not sure if one organization is 'better' than others - I've seen Brides Across America/Brides For A Cause. It's been professionally cleaned & preserved, now sitting in a box, waiting to see the light of day again and show off the sparkle it's got.
    I live dangerously - I drink whiskey while knitting.
  2. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    I didn’t donate mine, but mine was second hand when I got it.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I got married in a basic beach dress, so I didn't donate, but I think it's awesome that it's an option.

Everyone deserves to feel beautiful and amazing on their wedding day and the cost of a dress is astronomical.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I got married in a basic beach dress, so I didn't donate, but I think it's awesome that it's an option.

Everyone deserves to feel beautiful and amazing on their wedding day and the cost of a dress is astronomical.
    It is! I don't want to plop it in a shop for it to just be resold...I'd really rather give it to someone who really could use a free one. Heck, anyone on here wants it, I'd just ask that they pay shipping. I was pretty lucky that my mom decided to pick up the cost on mine, but it was a silly cost for a one time wear.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by sassyspoonicus View Post
    It is! I don't want to plop it in a shop for it to just be resold...I'd really rather give it to someone who really could use a free one. Heck, anyone on here wants it, I'd just ask that they pay shipping. I was pretty lucky that my mom decided to pick up the cost on mine, but it was a silly cost for a one time wear.
    I'm not even engaged yet but heck, whats the dress look like/size? lol
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Love7 View Post
    I'm not even engaged yet but heck, whats the dress look like/size? lol
    It's a lace with sequins/pearlish beads. I'm 5'2", it was hemmed for me to wear 2" heels. It does have a bustle. I wear US 32E & US street size 6ish pants - can't remember what the dress size was, might have been a 4? The interior has a corset with the cups sewn in.

(hopefully picture works? please ignore whatever face I'm making there...
    Last edited by sassyspoonicus; 09-06-2018 at 11:14 AM. Reason: picture problemo
  7. Moderator

I know the thought is hard for some people, but you can also donate to Angel Dresses, which is an organization that sews burial gowns for infants. They use the materials from donated wedding gowns. If you're not particular about what actually happens to your gown, it's a really beautiful and meaningful cause. https://www.nicuhelpinghands.org/pro...-gown-program/
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

OMG the dress is gorgeous!!! It's definitely too small for me LOL, but whoever gets that will be a lucky girl!! It's too pretty to sit in a closet, that must be shared haha
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    I know the thought is hard for some people, but you can also donate to Angel Dresses, which is an organization that sews burial gowns for infants. They use the materials from donated wedding gowns. If you're not particular about what actually happens to your gown, it's a really beautiful and meaningful cause. https://www.nicuhelpinghands.org/pro...-gown-program/
    That is also an option - thanks for the link!
  10. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    I had a friend that received this for the infant they lost at birth. She was super grateful, this organization rocks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast