Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying a house - also, m'f'in' buckets!

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Cool!!
  2. Senior Member
    House inspection passed except for some minor electrical & plumbing the seller is having licensed contractors come in and fixed. Now just waiting on the septic!
    I live dangerously - I drink whiskey while knitting.
  3. Senior Member
    Everything passed! We are hoping to close on Friday!! It's making me a little twitchy that the mortgage company hasn't confirmed the date yet, but we've been passed to the "closing stage people", so I can only assume that's a good sign...
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I hope everything goes well and you get to close on Friday!
  5. Senior Member
    We close tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, our realtor is still kind of an idiot. We got into it firstly when the house sale form stated it had a "fire sprinkler system". Not exactly common in our area for a residential building, so I questioned it, as it does affect our home insurance. Took only about 15 emails, complete with a highlighted picture of the form, and cc'ing in the seller's agent, for any of them to realize that we really did mean a fire sprinkler system, not the damn lawn irrigation system. It's a typo, which is fine and dandy, but it was a simple yes/no question. Then it was a series of emails of "can we do Thursday" "no, can't do Thursday" "so can we do Thursday" "no, still can't do Thursday", and finally got it set up for tomorrow (Friday).

Now it's that our realtor had no idea that the county that he sells primarily in, and that we're moving to, has a property transfer ordinance. It's had one since 2007. Pretty common in the region. Nooooooooooo idea what I'm talking about and is strongly implying I'm making it up. Not that I helped develop the draft of one that was going in in the county I used to work at the health department in, which is right next door to the county that we're moving to, and that the draft ordinance was heavily based on the ordinance from the county we're moving to... nope, definitely doesn't exist, Sassy's causing trouble again. *eyeroll*

I will be very happy to not be dealing with this guy after Friday. Very, very happy.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123