Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There’s a new kind of chocolate

1. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"

There’s a new kind of chocolate

Advertisements
    And it’s very, very pink.

The last kind of chocolate to be invented was white chocolate 80 years ago. Late last year, a chocolatier mentioned that they had another one - ruby chocolate, made out of a specific kind of cacao bean. Most cacao has red colour compounds somewhere in it, this is partly where the very rich brown colour of good chocolate comes from, but late last year Barry Callebault found a way to bring this red (and the fruity flavours that come with it) just a little further out.

No colour has been added to this. It’s not white chocolate that’s been somehow dyed. It really, truly is that pink.

And it’s about to hit the market. A ruby Kit Kat is being made, among other things.

Would anyone here buy pink chocolate?
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I think this is awesome and I want to try it. Not sure I trust KitKat (Nestle?) to make it taste good though.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I'd totally try it just plain! Would they add anything to it, like milk?
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    White chocolate is NOT chocolate thank you!
    And besides, I like my chocolate the way I like my women!

(Melting between a graham cracker and a gooeey roasted marshmellow! I can;t seem to find a willing woman to sit between a gooeey roasted marshmellow and a graham cracker though.)
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Senior Member
    I love chocolate. I'd try it in a heartbeat! But not a KitKat version....I just can't imagine that being accurate to the actual taste of the chocolate.
    I live dangerously - I drink whiskey while knitting.
  6. Senior Member
    I'm not crazy aboyt chocolate and only like a few kinds, but I definitely want to try this. The color is gorgeous and I'm very curious about the fruity flavors.
  7. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    I'd totally try it just plain! Would they add anything to it, like milk?
    They’ve been very cagey about the process they’ve used (if I had to guess what they’ve done, I would guess it was something to do with the very early step where they ferment the beans; when cacao beans first come out of the pod, they’re sort of very pale yellowish or pinkish white, and fermenting them makes them a much darker red-brown...if it’s not fermented or only very lightly fermented, that would explain why it doesn’t seem to taste very “chocolatey”, fermentation is a key part of making chocolate taste like chocolate!) so I can’t be certain, but I would assume they’re adding milk. The only kind of chocolate that shouldn’t contain any milk is the very, very dark variety, and even that would sometimes have a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post

(Melting between a graham cracker and a gooeey roasted marshmellow! I can;t seem to find a willing woman to sit between a gooeey roasted marshmellow and a graham cracker though.)
    ...you mean this isn’t why you chose your wife? Damn it Asher.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I think this is awesome and I want to try it. Not sure I trust KitKat (Nestle?) to make it taste good though.
    You can buy other things too. People are working with it. A Kit Kat is just the most accessible one

Quote Originally Posted by sassyspoonicus View Post
    I love chocolate. I'd try it in a heartbeat! But not a KitKat version....I just can't imagine that being accurate to the actual taste of the chocolate.
    Keep an eye out. Other things may appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    I'm not crazy aboyt chocolate and only like a few kinds, but I definitely want to try this. The color is gorgeous and I'm very curious about the fruity flavors.
    Apparently this doesn’t taste very “chocolatey” at all. It’s apparently sweet, and the few tasting notes I’ve seen specifically mention berries, though they swear no colour or fruit has been added.

I’m not sure. I don’t do a lot of work with chocolate, so this is really not my field!
    Last edited by Matchbox; 05-10-2018 at 01:25 AM.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  8. Senior Member
    I'm intrigued. I'd at least try it
  9. Regular Member
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post

Apparently this doesn’t taste very “chocolatey” at all. It’s apparently sweet, and the few tasting notes I’ve seen specifically mention berries, though they swear no colour or fruit has been added.
    Well now I'm pretty positive that I'm going to like it! Thank you for sharing this, otherwise I'm not sure I would have ever known of it!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast