Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There’s a new kind of chocolate

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    That sounds cool, we would try it. But yea, kitkat ruins good things.
    “There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I would absolutely try this! I love chocolate and funny enough, anything pink haha I'm not sure I'm fully on board with the Kit Kat thing though... I wonder what Hershey would do with it...?
  3. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine8790 View Post
    I would absolutely try this! I love chocolate and funny enough, anything pink haha I'm not sure I'm fully on board with the Kit Kat thing though... I wonder what Hershey would do with it...?
    Nothing good, as Hershey chocolate tastes like feet. Americans are good at a lot of food things, but your mainstream chocolate is awful

Fortunately, Hershey aren’t in charge of Kit Kats for most of the world. This is a Nestle thing. The earliest ruby Kit Kats seem to have launched in Japan, alongside the other seven million variants they have there.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    Nothing good, as Hershey chocolate tastes like feet. Americans are good at a lot of food things, but your mainstream chocolate is awful

Fortunately, Hershey aren’t in charge of Kit Kats for most of the world. This is a Nestle thing. The earliest ruby Kit Kats seem to have launched in Japan, alongside the other seven million variants they have there.
    That does not surprise me hahaha Japanese candy is AWESOME!
  5. Regular Member
    It's chocolate, it's pink, what's not to love? Seriously I'm so down to try this, the tasting notes you mentioned make it sound soooo yummy.
  6. "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by _andimcosette View Post
    It's chocolate, it's pink, what's not to love? Seriously I'm so down to try this, the tasting notes you mentioned make it sound soooo yummy.
    I was wondering what you would make of it! You're more of a baker than I am!

Pictures I've seen of it make it look as though it tempers reasonably well (which would suit most pastry fiends) but I'm not convinced that's not just a trick of the light, or else the people with it might just be much better with chocolate than I am. I'd love to play with it to see how it melts for working with.

See, look. These have a lovely smooth gloss on them. That's encouraging.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I would so try it!! I'd try the KitKat too and probably like it LOL......my guilty pleasure is cheap ass treats
  8. Moderator

I bet every mainstream candy company will add more red coloring to it, which kind of negates the novelty.

I'd buy it. I mean, it's chocolate! If it tastes too fruity though, I probably won't buy it twice. I don't like chocolate with fruity flavors, especially tangy ones.
  9. "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love7 View Post
    I would so try it!! I'd try the KitKat too and probably like it LOL......my guilty pleasure is cheap ass treats
    You say this as though cheap ass treats are not great.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    I bet every mainstream candy company will add more red coloring to it, which kind of negates the novelty.

I'd buy it. I mean, it's chocolate! If it tastes too fruity though, I probably won't buy it twice. I don't like chocolate with fruity flavors, especially tangy ones.
    Yes, you’re probably right.

On the other hand, they might not. Adding colouring to chocolate consistently can be quite fiddly (there’s the perennial problem of keeping any and all moisture away from it, only certain dyes work well, there are temperature issues) and it would be an extra thing that they had to do. They don’t consistently dye other types of chocolate - I’ve seen white chocolate dyed, but it’s still not very common outside of novelties.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    I was wondering what you would make of it! You're more of a baker than I am!

Pictures I've seen of it make it look as though it tempers reasonably well (which would suit most pastry fiends) but I'm not convinced that's not just a trick of the light, or else the people with it might just be much better with chocolate than I am. I'd love to play with it to see how it melts for working with.

See, look. These have a lovely smooth gloss on them. That's encouraging.

Oh my god, they look like gemstones! That's so freaking pretty.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast