Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Questions for CONUS move

1. Senior Member

Questions for CONUS move

Advertisements
    Two questions
    1. How far ahead did you book movers/talk to someone who booked them
    2. How long after arriving for a CONUS move did your stuff arrive?

I have read a lot about time ranges, but what was your personal experience?

Dh has never PCSed this way, so I'm wondering what the norm is.

He is having trouble getting a hold of who he needs to talk to and got a response from someone saying "try that person again Monday and if they don't help you then, I will." Soooo we move in less than three weeks and are mover-less.
    “There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    Two questions
    1. How far ahead did you book movers/talk to someone who booked them
    2. How long after arriving for a CONUS move did your stuff arrive?

I have read a lot about time ranges, but what was your personal experience?

Dh has never PCSed this way, so I'm wondering what the norm is.

He is having trouble getting a hold of who he needs to talk to and got a response from someone saying "try that person again Monday and if they don't help you then, I will." Soooo we move in less than three weeks and are mover-less.
    We booked our movers on move.mil as soon as we had hard copy orders...so about 4 1/2 months out I think. After that DH just had to take some of the paperwork to some office to be signed.

After moving I think our stuff was here about 2 weeks after we were. We moved May 9/10th and our stuff was here before Memorial Day weekend last year.

You can do most of this yourself as long as your DH has orders. We didn't talk to anyone I just messed around with the website until we got it to work right.
  3. Senior Member
    Once orders are in hand you can start setting up the move.

I have had door to door moves, I have had put in storage moves....all very's on a few things. One is where the pick up and drop of is. Sometimes cross country moves they might pick up a family or drop other families off...you might be on a 2 family truck. When we went from Maryland to FL we were a 2 family truck and we went into storage but was able to set up the drop off the next day after we arrived.
  4. Senior Member
    Have him be persistent. Can he go into the office? We've done 2 PCS where we didn't have the movers scheduled until less than 30 days before the move and boy was that stressful. I can't answer number two for you because we've always had to put our stuff in storage due to lack of available housing.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Have him be persistent. Can he go into the office? We've done 2 PCS where we didn't have the movers scheduled until less than 30 days before the move and boy was that stressful. I can't answer number two for you because we've always had to put our stuff in storage due to lack of available housing.
    He is going to have to call another office tomorrow and he just HAS to get it scheduled. I'm getting so worried about it I'm goingto get ulcers. Under three weeks now.
    We have housing and we have hotels set up along the way, anything *I* could do has been handled.

ETA
    There isn't an office within an hour of us, but we will make a special trip this week if he can't get this done tomorrow
    Last edited by Medic2Doula; 05-06-2018 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Added more