Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orders

1. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    11.54%

Bang Head Orders

Advertisements
    My husband found out his orders today and they were not what we were expecting. They are sending him out of the country. I am heartbroken. We had discussed where we wanted to go next and its always been within the US. When he filled out his slate sheet they were all within the US. Do they not take this into account? The excuse he got was that they need someone with his experience in that position. I am turning 30 and we had talked about having kids, I'm finishing school, i have an old dog that would not make a 13 hour plane ride.... I'm just all over the place with this. I know at the end of the day it is the military and its what he is signed up for..its understandable, but why not send people who want to go there.
  2. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    24.86%
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemysailor16 View Post
    My husband found out his orders today and they were not what we were expecting. They are sending him out of the country. I am heartbroken. We had discussed where we wanted to go next and its always been within the US. When he filled out his slate sheet they were all within the US. Do they not take this into account? The excuse he got was that they need someone with his experience in that position. I am turning 30 and we had talked about having kids, I'm finishing school, i have an old dog that would not make a 13 hour plane ride.... I'm just all over the place with this. I know at the end of the day it is the military and its what he is signed up for..its understandable, but why not send people who want to go there.
    Because we have too many kids so they won't send us ha
    I wish we could trade

Dh got San Diego.

I'm sorry girl
    I've got no advice.
  3. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    58.64%

That really sucks. The same thing happened to us last year. They really don't care about what gets put on that sheet since it's all about "the needs of the military yada yada yada"

I'm so sorry, hon.

4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    24.68%
    Just because people want to go doesn't mean they are qualified. That is the hard part and what Mattis is saying these days about if you are not deployable you are getting kicked out kind of mentality....well that changes the game big time.

I had several friends who had kids overseas. I had a friend who had to give up her dog before going to Japan cause of his age. She wasn't pleased but she had to.

Looking back now I wish we had gone overseas when we were kidless and all. We are just hoping to get Hawaii before my husband leaves the navy but who knows.

so where you going?
  5. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    11.54%
    Spain. Itís not terrible, but I donít want to go.
  6. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    24.68%
    Spain. It’s not terrible, but I don’t want to go.
    And like most say you are kicking and screaming to go you will be kicking and screaming to leave.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Lv. Percent
    71.96%
    You can choose not to go; but, your hubby will go if the military wants him there. The big thing is that they need him there. He was chooses. Granted, there is a chance that can change. We had children when we went to Germany and it was the best thing for us all. We were not excited at all going. We were not happy coming back because of the experience, change of attitude, ect.

The pet part is always the hardest one. We were able to bring our cats with us. One passed away over there and the other one came back and was 13/14 years old.

I hope you can wrap your head around this and hope for the best! The military will do what is best for them always. I really wish they would give up the report sheets; but, it is what it is.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  8. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    24.12%
    Needs of the military - they say they will send you where you want but honestly they don't care.

Spain is an amazing opportunity! He can go without you and you can visit, but I'll honestly say I interrupted my life, my schooling, etc. to go live in Germany and I don't regret it for one second, I'd do it all over again. It can be hard to get orders you weren't expecting/didn't want, but maybe researching the area will get you excited. Are there things you want to do in Europe? anything you want to see?

Also we had a direct flight to Germany out of D.C. and it was only 11 hours, Spain would be less obviously. We had two dogs. I would try to see if you can get a connecting flight somewhere so that maybe you can shorten legs of the trip for your pet!

9. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Lv. Percent
    96.87%
    When we lived in Germany I tried so hard to understand why people don’t like living overseas.
    I couldn’t. Still don’t. Never will.
    Traveling the world for that cheap?! Incredible.

life's a party, rock your body
  10. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    68.9%
    Like others have said, it is just the needs of the military at the time. DB was given the choice between east coast, west coast, and overseas. He put overseas last and ended up with three years in Japan. He hated it there for like all of four months and then loved it there and was sad about leaving. I agree with researching the area and trying to get excited about it. Do you have a family member that would be happy to take care of your dog and that the dog is close with? I hope it works out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast