Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much energy do you have in a day?

1. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    18.49%
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    I'm usually up by 8 every morning and up til midnight or later every night. Some days I get about an hour nap in the afternoon. I consume no caffeine the vast majority of days. I am tired every waking moment of my life. I would love to have energy. It would make everything so much less challenging. I'm anemic and B-deficient and my thyroid is broken. All good things to have checked out if you lack energy. Also, you could push for a sleep study to make sure you're actually getting restful sleep.
    how do you function??

I usually run on coffee, but our coffee maker (he goes by Iron Man) DIED THIS MORNING!!!!
    I have four under six... so I'm always tired. I think they have ALL slept through the night maybe twice. They start going to bed at 7pm and wake up starting at 5am...
    I am NOT a morning person.
  2. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    Lv. Percent
    66.34%

Falling asleep as I type this. Seriously. Coffee is my best friend. However, I can drink a cup and go right to sleep. I mostly drink it as a means to get warm.

Up between 5:30-6am, even on the weekend. My internal clock is a bitch and once Iím awake, thereís no going back to sleep. In bed anywhere between 9-11pm.

Forever tired.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  3. Moderator
    Lv. Percent
    4.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    how do you function??

I usually run on coffee, but our coffee maker (he goes by Iron Man) DIED THIS MORNING!!!!
    I have four under six... so I'm always tired. I think they have ALL slept through the night maybe twice. They start going to bed at 7pm and wake up starting at 5am...
    I am NOT a morning person.
    I've gotten really lucky with my kids' sleeping habits- they sleep like rocks until about 8:30 most days (1-year-old just finished a month-long sleep regression so I can say that again ). It helps that I homeschool the school-aged ones, so we don't have anywhere to be in the morning most days. When I get up I shock myself awake with a reallllllllllllly cold Clear American (flavored sparkling water). I used to drink energy drinks or Crystal Light energy every morning, but when I realized the cold drink in the morning worked just as well for me I cut the caffeine out. Days that I get a good nap are amazing. My sweet husband also comes home and takes all the kids to the gym several days a week so I can refresh my sanity, at least.

RIP Iron Man
  4. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Lv. Percent
    18.33%
    I have enough to make things that I need to happen happen, but it’s sometimes a close thing. Yerba mate may actually be my best friend.

My sleep cycle can, in truth, be something of a mess. I work late nights for half the week, and something approximating day for the rest. My “weekend” (when I would normally catch up) isn’t the same as everyone else’s either - it’s Monday, so even on my laziest day I have to get my kids up and out the door for school. We run late to things a lot.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    98.9%
    I agree with pp about looking at increasing your Iron intake (through vitamins or diet). Whenever my iron intake has been low for a period of time, I've been noticeably sleepier.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Lv. Percent
    38.36%
    I'm sooo happy I'm not the only one who feels this way. Like, I'm still in school so I know that contributes to my tiredness. But being 25 with no kids, I should be waayyy more energetic. Glad to know there's faith in vitamins and exercise
  7. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    52.4%
    I'm going to have to restart taking vitamins. I just read a lot of journals that you urinate half of them out anyway, so supplements are generally useless. I'm thinking specific ones might be the most useful - like specific Iron supplement or Calcium. I just started a gym membership and hope it helps my evening crash.

I'm up at 6:00 A.M., arrive to my daughter's day care around 7:30, then sit at a desk all day from 8:00-4:30. Then drive home and have to make dinner, get her ready for bed, and do homework. I'm exhausted by 9:30 but still DO NOT sleep through the night.
  8. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    13.43%
    Mon, Wed, Fri I try to wake up at 5am to get a workout in before work, I wake my kids up at about 6am so we can be at daycare by 7am for my littlest, then I get to my older ones school at 7:15 then to work by 7:30 (depending on traffic it's 7:45 or even 8) which is fine since technically the office doesn't open til 8am. Then I work until 5pm go home get kids, make dinner, kids eat then get ready for bed (I aim to get the kids in bed by 8, sometimes it's 8:30 depending on homework etc). I go to bed at 9ish most nights, if I work out after the kids go to bed then I don't get to sleep until 10pm....we tried fitting sports into the evenings but it's hard and with Austin traffic in the evenings it's nearly impossible to get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time so we've crammed the weekends full of sports. I'm basically exhausted 24/7 but exercising (even when I feel too tired to exercise) usually is a great thing and helps boost my energy. I also tend to have a cup of coffee at home before work and a cup at work too.
  9. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    13.29%
    I feel like sadly being tired is just part of being an adult What I wouldn't do to be a crazy energetic kid again...

I used to go into work super early so would wake up at 5 everyday, and by 8pm I literally could not keep my eyes open. Now I wake up at 7ish, and have a lot more energy in the evenings. I think there's definitely something to be said for just getting on the schedule that works for your specific body (although obviously not everyone has the flexibility to change it up).

Iron is a good suggestion, also (this is my go-to fix-all) but make sure you're drinking enough water! I have always tried to be somewhat hydrated, but the past month and a half I have been making a very determined effort to drink a LOT of water a day, and it has made some awesome changes in my life/bod. I don't think water really directly helps energy or anything, but it does so much for wellness which has a domino effect and can help sleep/diet/etc which may improve energy
  10. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    I feel like I slowly wear down through out the week and recharge on the weekends

My daily routine: Wake up at 5:45, work 7am-3:30pm, car rider line 3:30-4:20pm, DD's homework 4:20-5:20, DD's softball practice 5:30-8pm-ish, Home to get DD fed, then when she goes to bed at 9:30 I take a shower and pretty much pass out when my head hits the pillow at around 10pm.

I have a desk job during the day but I still feel exhausted by the time I get home after softball stuff is over and get out of the shower. Saturdays (that don't have softball ) are reserved for PJ days where DD and I lounge around and catch up on shows on the DVR that we can't watch during the week because we don't have time. Sundays are house cleaning and laundry days. By the time Monday rolls back around I feel pretty refreshed and we do it all over again

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast