Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homeowners!

1. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.

Homeowners!

Advertisements
    We closed on our house on Friday and are officially homeowners! We are SO excited!

It is so perfect and cute and I can't wait to move everything in! On Saturday we moved our guest bedroom over just so we could sleep there on the first night. Ella is so excited for her backyard and I am excited to have my own garden. We are right next to the mountains and in the cutest neighborhood!

What are some of the first things you did when you moved into your house? We can't wait to start some projects!

life's a party, rock your body
  2. Senior Member

3. Moderator

Your house is cute! I am excited to have a garden too. The first thing I did (after the kitchen- life doesn't work unless the kitchen is set up so I moved that before anything) was the yard, so I can kick my kids out of the house more often. Trampoline, jungle gym, the works. I still want a fire pit and awesome patio furniture but that can wait until Spring. Then everyone got sick and I haven't done anything else yet. I think my next project will be guest room, because my parents are coming to see the new house next month. Will plan the garden soon, since it warms up early here.

What kind of projects will you be doing?
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    We closed on our house on Friday and are officially homeowners! We are SO excited!

It is so perfect and cute and I can't wait to move everything in! On Saturday we moved our guest bedroom over just so we could sleep there on the first night. Ella is so excited for her backyard and I am excited to have my own garden. We are right next to the mountains and in the cutest neighborhood!

What are some of the first things you did when you moved into your house? We can't wait to start some projects!
    Congrats! So exciting! I LOVE projects The first thing we did was paint, then we ripped up all carpet and put in floors (the floors that look like real wood but are more durable/spill proof)...we also revamped the kitchen and the master bath and DB built a sliding barn door for our master bathroom which I absolutely love. I actually miss his projects now that he's deployed, he was always building me neat things lol now he sends pictures of projects he wants to build me when he's back lol

What are you going to do next??? I want to live vicariously through you!
  5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    Your house is cute! I am excited to have a garden too. The first thing I did (after the kitchen- life doesn't work unless the kitchen is set up so I moved that before anything) was the yard, so I can kick my kids out of the house more often. Trampoline, jungle gym, the works. I still want a fire pit and awesome patio furniture but that can wait until Spring. Then everyone got sick and I haven't done anything else yet. I think my next project will be guest room, because my parents are coming to see the new house next month. Will plan the garden soon, since it warms up early here.

What kind of projects will you be doing?
    Yes to a fire pit! We want one eventually too.

The first thing we are going to do is take up all the carpet and put in laminate flooring. We will start with the basement and work are way from there. Also, scrape off the glittery popcorn ceiling!

Thankfully nothing has to be done right away. The house is super clean and well taken care of BUT it's so outdated! This old man lived there for 40 years. His wife passed away a few years ago so he is moving to warmer weather.

There is carpet in the bathroom and kitchen... The cabinets in the kitchen are pink with floral decor. The sink in the bathrooms have pink tile bordering them. So lots to do but it will be a work in progress!

life's a party, rock your body
  6. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    the house is super cute!!

First thing we did when we moved in was paint, we still have so many projects we need to do but I think this year is going to be the year of the half bathroom re-do I'm excited for picture updates as you go!

7. Senior Member
    I bleached everything and burned a smudge stick, because I'm kind of a hippie, but also a germaphobe.

dh wrapped the water heater in insulation.

painted and made it *ours* replaced carpet

I put in a garden and a fire pit a little later. Screened in our Florida room. Dh put in USB outlets.
  8. Regular Member
    Congrats! So exciting!!

The first thing we did when DB bought his house was paint the kids' rooms. The second thing we did was pull up the nasty old carpet in the rooms and the hallway, which had doubled as a dropcloth while we were painting, lol. We had an unexpected project redoing the already-finished basement that we were going to leave for the time being until the water heater broke and flooded it. So, new drywall, new carpet, and new paint down there...plus the new water heater. We just finished painting in the master bedroom and the office, that dropcloth carpet comes out this week, and then we can finally get those rooms settled. After that, the next project will probably be the dining room and the kids' bath. Longer term, I'd like to totally redo the kitchen (in the short term, we'll probably do a fresh coat of paint, new hardware, and a backsplash) and get rid of a popcorn ceiling in the den (looking at it honestly makes me want to die, but it's a very small room and I feel like we need to be ready to totally redo everything else in there at the same time given how much of a mess I expect that project to be).
  9. Senior Member

We mostly painted at first...we also re-did some built-ins in our family room. There was so much black and white throughout the house...definitely needed some color! I posted when we redid the built-ins here - Our First Renovation Project
    Since then weve also put in laminate hard wood (partially because of my husband flooding our downstairs...but it was something on our list anyhow). Replaced a tub (what initiated the flood). Oh the joys of home renovations! [Kinda long...but might make you laugh]
    Updated backsplash and light fixtures in our kitchen and dining area...and a few other things Im sure Im forgetting. Hooray home ownership! I complain, but I love our old quirky house!
    Scarlett Jean is almost 3!
  10. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

First thing we did when we moved in was work on the electrical! The wiring is kind of old and some of the outlets were loose (not loose in the wall but loose like plugs would fall out). So we bought new faceplates and some shims and fixed them up! We also rearranged furniture like a million times. We also had some maintenance to do on the outside ... repainting our dock and recarpeting the boards.

It's been a while now but we're getting to the actual decorating stuff. We bought some artwork when we were on vacation and I think things are starting to come together!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast