Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are men in military usually more mature?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    73.17%

Are men in military usually more mature?

Advertisements
    It never really worked out w/the 1st guy and was already getting the feeling that he wasn't interested. I downloaded a dating app and met another guy who is in the coast guard. The only thing I'm super weary about is that he is younger then me, he is actually the same age as my ex. I just don't want a repeat of the same immature crap that happened, then again he seems more serious then my ex who had no goals, no steady job, not going to college and always flat broke. Opinions?
  2. Moderator
    Lv. Percent
    67.86%

Are men in ____________ usually more mature? Fill in the blank with any career field and I'll still say "no," because it's a broad, vast generalization. There's only one way to find out, and that's to get to know him better before you commit to anything or get attached.
  3. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    40.44%
    No, men in the military are no more or less mature than men overall.

Whether this particular man is more mature than average is something you'd have to determine on your own.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    16.03%
    Agreeing with the other ladies. I have friends not in the military who are more mature than men I've met that are in the military. But I've also met men in the military who are more mature than my friends not in the military. Being military doesn't automatically change your maturity. Only thing you can do is get to know the guy and find out.
  5. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    67.64%
    Eh if we're stereotyping (which you shouldn't) I'd actually lean towards saying that they're less mature the ones I've known, anyway. Like on one hand they go through all the intense training so I get why you'd think that would make them grow up a little, but then they live in the barracks with a bunch of other young immature dudes and just get drunk and play video games all the time. They're not all like that of course, but that's pretty much why you can't assume they're more mature either.
  6. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    13.63%
    My husband can be a 13 year old little boy/goofball or his age and very straight laced.
  7. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%
    I wouldn't say that they're more mature. They do things that a lot of other people wouldn't do in their lives, but that can be with a lot of other careers as well. It really depends on the person I'd say.
  8. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    4.52%
    I'll answer this question the way my boyfriend would answer it: HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

But in all seriousness, of course it depends on the person. I think a lot of people have this whole rugged, coming-of-age idea of what the military turns all these guys into, but they're still drawing dicks in the sand on deployments and playing video games lmao
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/3a006e1a506c9f8649f4d809726f2d43/tumblr_nwtutw4zvG1sa8ezpo8_r1_250.gif
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    17.5%
    It depends on the person. My DB is very mature, however, I think it was his life experiences, rather than the military, that made him this way. Good luck getting to know the guy!
  10. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Lv. Percent
    35.27%

Definitely not
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast