Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are men in military usually more mature?

1. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Lv. Percent
    25.57%

Advertisements
    I've seen some pretty big idiots in the military.

life's a party, rock your body
  2. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    71.1%
    I actually laughed out loud when I read the title of this thread if that gives you any indication of my answer. In all honesty, it depends on the person, as it always does. My DB is very mature but there are a ton of guys in his company who do things like hook up with girls for fun unprotected and get them pregnant, make plans to marry a girl they met a week ago, buy cars with payments that will eat up their entire paycheck, and go out and get shitfaced drunk with no plan of how they're going to get back so they either call someone sober and responsible back in the barracks or drive anyways, get busted for a DUI, and get everyone called into work on their day off. (These are all things that have happened in DB's company in the past three months). One guy even decided that he was going to reenlist and where he was going to go by flipping a coin! THEN called his girlfriend to let her know what was going on and expected her to just go along with it! So no, guys in the military are not more mature. Not to say that they're less mature, but constantly being around young guys and alcohol will do that to you sometimes. You'll be better off judging this guy on his own and not based on his military status.
  3. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    71.43%
    I would never date a young guy who just started out in the military unless I'd known him for ages beforehand and knew he had a level head on his shoulders. It seems like the younger guys in the military just get into a state of arrested development and bro out constantly/make horrible choices/draw penises on everything.
  4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    10.27%
    Quote Originally Posted by ziah View Post
    I would never date a young guy who just started out in the military unless I'd known him for ages beforehand and knew he had a level head on his shoulders. It seems like the younger guys in the military just get into a state of arrested development and bro out constantly/make horrible choices/draw penises on everything.
    OMG yes! SO is at basic right now and tells me all the time how immature and stupid the youngsters are. He absolutely hates it. Mind you, my husband is twice their age and has many life experiences to become mature, but it sounds like a reoccurring thing in basic training to have this type of behavior.
  5. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    71.43%
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaraMarie View Post
    OMG yes! SO is at basic right now and tells me all the time how immature and stupid the youngsters are. He absolutely hates it. Mind you, my husband is twice their age and has many life experiences to become mature, but it sounds like a reoccurring thing in basic training to have this type of behavior.
    Yep. My partner was only a few years older than the average guy he met in basic (he went to basic when he was 23, he's now 26) and the maturity divide between him and his peers is just crazy. It's starting to get a little better now that he's an NCO because you have to have some level of competency/maturity to get promoted (note... I said "some level," not "a lot" hahahaha) but when he was an SPC he just loathed the fact that he was surrounded by dumb-asses. Now he loathes the fact that he's responsible for dumb-asses
  6. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    7.59%
    I feel like from teenagers to around 24, all guys are pretty immature with few exceptions
  7. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    34.17%
    I feel like most young guys, regardless of profession, are pretty immature. There are exceptions, of course.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12