Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: MyPay DFAS App alert **PSA**

  1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    katinahat's Avatar
    katinahat is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,893

    #11
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Yeah there's so many apps out there for so many websites I can definitely see people thinking Mypay would have an app too.
    Totally. There's a USAA app, a Navy Federal app, a Space A travel app, etc. I recently went to look up units at a base and instead of subpages from the base webpage, the main base webpage just linked to the units' Facebook pages! I was totally blown away
    ​​​

    “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Totally. There's a USAA app, a Navy Federal app, a Space A travel app, etc. I recently went to look up units at a base and instead of subpages from the base webpage, the main base webpage just linked to the units' Facebook pages! I was totally blown away
    This is true. I have very few if any apps, and the one's I have (like USAA) came directly from the source/company. I guess I'm just the odd one then. An app for pay, or banking, or anything in regards to my PII I wouldn't accept from anyone but directly from the company itself. I wouldn't download an app for those things from a 3rd party.

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Senior Member
    Judi89's Avatar
    Judi89 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,839
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    This is true. I have very few if any apps, and the one's I have (like USAA) came directly from the source/company. I guess I'm just the odd one then. An app for pay, or banking, or anything in regards to my PII I wouldn't accept from anyone but directly from the company itself. I wouldn't download an app for those things from a 3rd party.
    No, I don't think you are an odd one, lol. I think this app tries to make itself look like it's coming from the source company. I would not download anything related to finance without it being direct from the parent company.



    "If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  4. Senior Member
    Abigail's Avatar
    Abigail is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17,411
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Yeah there's so many apps out there for so many websites I can definitely see people thinking Mypay would have an app too.
    This is my thought too. I definitely would not think that somebody was foolish for downloading an app like this. There's an app for damn near everything. Even legit banks and credit unions.


    Thanks for sharing, Judi!
  5. Senior Member
    Judi89's Avatar
    Judi89 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,839
    #15
    because I think this is important.



    "If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  6. Senior Member
    LittleAngel07's Avatar
    LittleAngel07 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,582
    #16
    Thanks for posting! I wouldn't use a mobile app for that, would always go through the official website but I know someone who might do it if they find it. Going to repost to FB and spread the word.

    http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MamaMia's Avatar
    MamaMia is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,109

    #17
    Thanks for sharing
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Tojai's Avatar
    Tojai is offline
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Pete FL
    Posts
    30,026


    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    This is my thought too. I definitely would not think that somebody was foolish for downloading an app like this. There's an app for damn near everything. Even legit banks and credit unions.


    Thanks for sharing, Judi!
    Definitely. There's even some stuff I can do on my banking app that would seem a bit sketchy to me if I didn't hear it straight from the horse's mouth that it's the actual app and those are actual features available.

    I do think a lot of the confusion may be coming from the fact that it tries to make itself look like it is straight from the source too, like Judi said. I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for this.
  9. Senior Member
    HazeGray's Avatar
    HazeGray is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,258

    #19
    Maybe someday

    I hate logging into MyPay. Because I never remember my password, so I have to use DH's computer, because his has a CAC reader, and it's just a hassle


    I understand their concerns. But big banks have apps, so maybe MyPay will figure out a way to have a secure app too

  10. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #20
    thanks for posting this!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •