Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MyPay DFAS App alert **PSA**

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Yeah there's so many apps out there for so many websites I can definitely see people thinking Mypay would have an app too.
    Totally. There's a USAA app, a Navy Federal app, a Space A travel app, etc. I recently went to look up units at a base and instead of subpages from the base webpage, the main base webpage just linked to the units' Facebook pages! I was totally blown away
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Totally. There's a USAA app, a Navy Federal app, a Space A travel app, etc. I recently went to look up units at a base and instead of subpages from the base webpage, the main base webpage just linked to the units' Facebook pages! I was totally blown away
    This is true. I have very few if any apps, and the one's I have (like USAA) came directly from the source/company. I guess I'm just the odd one then. An app for pay, or banking, or anything in regards to my PII I wouldn't accept from anyone but directly from the company itself. I wouldn't download an app for those things from a 3rd party.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    This is true. I have very few if any apps, and the one's I have (like USAA) came directly from the source/company. I guess I'm just the odd one then. An app for pay, or banking, or anything in regards to my PII I wouldn't accept from anyone but directly from the company itself. I wouldn't download an app for those things from a 3rd party.
    No, I don't think you are an odd one, lol. I think this app tries to make itself look like it's coming from the source company. I would not download anything related to finance without it being direct from the parent company.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Yeah there's so many apps out there for so many websites I can definitely see people thinking Mypay would have an app too.
    This is my thought too. I definitely would not think that somebody was foolish for downloading an app like this. There's an app for damn near everything. Even legit banks and credit unions.

Thanks for sharing, Judi!
  5. Senior Member
    because I think this is important.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks for posting! I wouldn't use a mobile app for that, would always go through the official website but I know someone who might do it if they find it. Going to repost to FB and spread the word.

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thanks for sharing
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    This is my thought too. I definitely would not think that somebody was foolish for downloading an app like this. There's an app for damn near everything. Even legit banks and credit unions.

Thanks for sharing, Judi!
    Definitely. There's even some stuff I can do on my banking app that would seem a bit sketchy to me if I didn't hear it straight from the horse's mouth that it's the actual app and those are actual features available.

I do think a lot of the confusion may be coming from the fact that it tries to make itself look like it is straight from the source too, like Judi said. I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for this.
  9. Senior Member

Maybe someday

I hate logging into MyPay. Because I never remember my password, so I have to use DH's computer, because his has a CAC reader, and it's just a hassle

I understand their concerns. But big banks have apps, so maybe MyPay will figure out a way to have a secure app too

10. Banned
    Banned
    thanks for posting this!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast