Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haunted Military Housing?

1. Army Wife
    Army Wife

Haunted Military Housing?

Advertisements
    Ok ladies I want to knowif anyone else has had odd happenings in your military housing that can't be explained? I have had one experience in my housing on Fort Richardson, my husband and I always have our computer on and we started to notice that late at night or when it was relatively quiet in the house the computer would start playing music or random infomercials we would go investigate and couldn't find anything running, after awhile the music would shut off. For the longest time I assumed we had a virus on the computer....that was till we got our new laptop. We had set it up downstairs on the table. I was up late one night alone watching tv when the laptop started doing the same thing. I was at this point fairly sure something or someone I couldn't see was messing with my electronics so I decided to ask whatever it was to stop playing and it stopped. On top of that my animals would give off little clues such as staring at spots where there was nothing there and what not.

I am not looking for people out to debate whether ghost are real or not just want to know if anyone else has had experiences?
  2. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Not like that, no. I did in another house where all of a sudden the TV turned on in the room no one was in.

The house we are in now, which is military, has strange noises randomly. I've just started thinking there is something living on our roof.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We had weird experiences outside of military housing, but nothing here so far.

In NJ was the height of it...my childhood home was built on revolutionary war grounds and there were stone foundation ruins in the woods behind it. LOTS of freaky weird stuff. My mother even called the cops once because she thought there was an intruder in the house.

I thought it was awesome, minus one super scary experience when I was like 9 or 10 that still makes no sense to me.
  4. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    I'm at Irwin and I've heard many stories from people. But for myself, my dog has done the same thing of staring intently at apparently nothing and barking. The first time she did it for about 10 minutes. I got scared so I grabbed her, her leash and my keys and left the house until my husband came home. It happened two more times. One time I swear I heard a voice outside our bedroom after my husband and I were awake. Bedroom door was shut but it was so clear to me.

I don't get too scared by these things cause I haven't actually seen anything so until then, I'm just like "huh, that was weird."

Although, I was skyping with my sister and she freaks out and goes "did you see that?!" And continued to say she saw a figure in red move behind me.
  5. Army Wife
    Army Wife
    I think the one that freaked me out the most was my friend who lived in the building right next to mine was bathing her almost 2 year old daughter when the daughter looked at the door and said no go away, my friend asked her daughter who she was talking to her daughter said the man in the door way....at the time her husband was deployed...
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kourtney View Post
    I think the one that freaked me out the most was my friend who lived in the building right next to mine was bathing her almost 2 year old daughter when the daughter looked at the door and said no go away, my friend asked her daughter who she was talking to her daughter said the man in the door way....at the time her husband was deployed...
    that is freaky...

7. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Kourtney View Post
    My friend's 2 year old son has talked to his grandpa that he never met or even heard about. He was calling him by the name that his dad would call him. His rocking chair is in their son's room.
  8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

We had an experience in one base house...

(I am copying and pasting from an old thread, btw.)
    POST YOUR GHOST STORIES!!!

We lived on Randolph AFB in TX, in a house that was built in the 1920's. Dh and I had more than one scare in that house. One night, a couple of hours after we had gone to bed, dh and I both woke up to the bed shaking like there was someone at the foot of the bed, moving their knees against the bed. Neither dh nor I had the guts to open our eyes or to say a word when it was happening... he grabbed my hand and didn't let go until the shaking stopped. I don't think that either one of us has ever been so scared in our lives.

Some time later, I came downstairs (before anyone else had gotten up) to make breakfast for the family. I walked into the kitchen, only to find that every cupboard in the kitchen had been opened (even the ones above the fridge) and the doors were opened the exact same amount.

The two Christmas' that we were in that house, we had someone who liked to turn our Christmas lights on for us and sometimes off. It was random... I know it wasn't because of bad lights, we replaced them the second Christmas we were there and the same thing happened. I also had the housing office check the outlets in the LR, and they were all sound.

We would also hear random footsteps upstairs, which we blamed on our duplex neighbors... atleast until they moved out. When we were getting ready to PCS, dh went back to the house, after we had gotten it cleaned, to use the wireless internet which was going to be on for a couple of more days. He lasted for about ten minutes before he heard footsteps upstairs and he knew that he was the only one in the entire building.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  9. You are here.
    You are here.
    supposedly some of these one here are.....they been here since the 1950s/1960s. heard a few stories but not sure, we haven't had anything happen. DH has had something happen at work in his office. even his secretary saw it. he had a gas mask fly across his office.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    We had an experience in one base house...

(I am copying and pasting from an old thread, btw.)
    POST YOUR GHOST STORIES!!!

We lived on Randolph AFB in TX, in a house that was built in the 1920's. Dh and I had more than one scare in that house. One night, a couple of hours after we had gone to bed, dh and I both woke up to the bed shaking like there was someone at the foot of the bed, moving their knees against the bed. Neither dh nor I had the guts to open our eyes or to say a word when it was happening... he grabbed my hand and didn't let go until the shaking stopped. I don't think that either one of us has ever been so scared in our lives.

Some time later, I came downstairs (before anyone else had gotten up) to make breakfast for the family. I walked into the kitchen, only to find that every cupboard in the kitchen had been opened (even the ones above the fridge) and the doors were opened the exact same amount.

The two Christmas' that we were in that house, we had someone who liked to turn our Christmas lights on for us and sometimes off. It was random... I know it wasn't because of bad lights, we replaced them the second Christmas we were there and the same thing happened. I also had the housing office check the outlets in the LR, and they were all sound.

We would also hear random footsteps upstairs, which we blamed on our duplex neighbors... atleast until they moved out. When we were getting ready to PCS, dh went back to the house, after we had gotten it cleaned, to use the wireless internet which was going to be on for a couple of more days. He lasted for about ten minutes before he heard footsteps upstairs and he knew that he was the only one in the entire building.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast