Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car warranties

1. Senior Member
    I'm in Houston (by way of Detroit), He's in San Antonio!!

car warranties

Advertisements
    What did you get? Do you think they're neccessary or stupid? Is there one you wish you would have gotten but didn't or wish you wouldn't have but you did?

My dad says one thing and other family leans the opposite way so I'm a little torn for myself. Looking over the options and there are so many.... bumper to bumper extended warranty, basic vehicle maintenance, key replacement, tire and wheel, dents and dings, collision, etc.....

What have you done in the past?
  2. Senior Member
    I always get bumper to bumper/platinum.

GetSafeScents.com
    Now with even easier requirements to be a Scentsy Consultant!
    Thrifty Scentsy Tips | Join Scentsy| Jan is BBMB Month! | Grace Adele- 10% off this month!
    Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00 (those are zeros, not O's ) | PM me with your email for invite to new COACH Factory website!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    very rarely worth it. sometimes good for peace of mind, but cars are generally reliable.
    Also, look at what is NOT covered.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Banned
    Banned
    we never pay for extended warranties for anything- they just are not worth it.
  5. Senior Member

For used cars we did get extended warrenries and felt they were worth it. When we bought our 2012 Ford Focus we bought extra insurance, known as GAP, and I am so freaking glad we did because 4 days after buying the car I was in car accident, not my fault at all either, and the car was totaled. My insurance paid most of the car off but not all and that is where the GAP comes in paying off the rest.
  6. Senior Member
    We have extended warranties on both cars, some say they are a waste, but when the HEMI engine in my first Dodge blew WAY before it was time and it was covered...it more than paid for itself.

The one I would recommend for sure is GAP protection. Just know it follows the loan not the car, so if you try to refinance it won't go with the new loan.
  7. Senior Member
    Stupid, expensive and unnecessary is my opinion. We just got a new (to us) car and the guy tried to sell us a warranty. There were like 5 and they all covered stupid useless or easy maintenance issues and were much to much money for what they did.

The guy flipped out when we told them no and that DH could do everything the warranties covered and probably for cheaper.
  8. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by treehugger View Post
    I always get bumper to bumper/platinum.
    This is what we got with FIVE STAR FORD when we bought our car winter of 2008. Though, the 3 accidents other drivers caused to our car (a string of pure bad luck for us) were not covered under the warranty.
  9. Senior Member
    Never had a prob with my warranties not covering even minor things with my Toyotas. They've even covered towing costs.

GetSafeScents.com
    Thrifty Scentsy Tips | Join Scentsy| Jan is BBMB Month! | Grace Adele- 10% off this month!
    Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00 (those are zeros, not O's ) | PM me with your email for invite to new COACH Factory website!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRa View Post
    This is what we got with FIVE STAR FORD when we bought our car winter of 2008. Though, the 3 accidents other drivers caused to our car (a string of pure bad luck for us) were not covered under the warranty.
    In those cases, the other drivers' insurances should have covered it and if they did not have insurance then your insurance should pick up the tab (vs. a warranty).

GetSafeScents.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast